Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: D'arbonne on Monday

Post Thanks / Like

Default D'arbonne on Monday

Specker, finally made it to D'arbonne on Monday. Fished the channel right behind the marina. At first channel marker. Used jigs tipped with Crappie Nibbles. Caught 16 fish. Some really nice ones.. Friend fishing right beside me in another boat using jigs tipped with shiners. He caught about as many as I did. Some really nice ones though. Think maybe I will give it a try next time. Talked to several other people. Some caught nothing at all to reports of up to 65 fish being caught. I didn't see them though. People fishing south of the 33 bridge didn't do so well though. Took some pics of the fish with son's digital camera. Will try to upload them soon. Haven't played with that feature of the message board yet....Until next time keep on fishing
    Rick

specker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luvtofish
    Specker, finally made it to D'arbonne on Monday. Fished the channel right behind the marina. At first channel marker. Used jigs tipped with Crappie Nibbles. Caught 16 fish. Some really nice ones.. Friend fishing right beside me in another boat using jigs tipped with shiners. He caught about as many as I did. Some really nice ones though. Think maybe I will give it a try next time. Talked to several other people. Some caught nothing at all to reports of up to 65 fish being caught. I didn't see them though. People fishing south of the 33 bridge didn't do so well though. Took some pics of the fish with son's digital camera. Will try to upload them soon. Haven't played with that feature of the message board yet....Until next time keep on fishing
    LTF,
    Glad you had a good day up here. I rarely fish north of the 33 bridge, it gets a little crowded up there. I have been doing well on the south end. There are a few good spots south of the Stow Creek marker you'll see the fish on your graph. It may be worth a try. I have been fishing right at the end of the Terral Island run. Had Crappie last night for supper and they were great.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's Monday's catch...If the weather doesn't get too bad I hope to go back soon. Hope they bite just a little better next time. May try a few shiners although can't complain about what I caught using the jigs...well was trying to upload pics, but file size too large
    Rick

specker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luvtofish
    Here's Monday's catch...If the weather doesn't get too bad I hope to go back soon. Hope they bite just a little better next time. May try a few shiners although can't complain about what I caught using the jigs...well was trying to upload pics, but file size too large
    LTF,

I had to resize my pics in Photoshop before uploading them.