Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could only pick one......

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you could only pick one......

It's time for me to choose a nice sonar. I've got about $700 bucks in the budget. If you had to choose between a DI and SI, which one would you guys choose and why? I think I'm leaning toward the Lowrance Elite 7.

Thanks in advance, yall!
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Get an SI it will change your world if you don't already have one. I have a lowrance elite series and a humminbird 899si and I like the humminbird better. I would suggest going to your local fishing store and check them out or take a drive to a bass pro or cabelas. I think it's a Ford vs. Chevy type thing, both are going to do the same thing and its a personnel preference with the buttons and layout you like better.

Post Thanks / Like

X2 one the Elite 7 with DI. A really good unit with super screen display and contrast.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too familiar with the Lowrance products, but the Humminbird SI units have DI as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think if you fish much shallow water to definitely go with SI. If you mostly fish deep water then the DI I think would be the one to go with. I have done a lot of research lately and I went with Humminbird 899ci HD SI. It is selling for almost half what it cost last year and you can get a 2 year warranty now with the Humminbird select program going on right now. That's my 2 cents worth hope it helps you on your decision.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Si for sure, jmo. Biggest display that fits your budget and you'll be amazed what you can find with si.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

DI advantage is seeing stuff directly under the boat = vertical presentation fishing ...

SI advantage is seeing stuff out away from the boat = finding new structure, trolling, spotting fish schools and bait ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Having lived and fished in TN I can say that I used both SI and DI. I have a pair of 798's that I bought and the only thing I wish I had now is a bigger screen. The SI helped me find a bunch of fish that I never would have and the SI was priceless when fishing standing timber in the cooler months.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

the lowrance seems to have a much better clarity on images to me but is lots less user friendly and a bit more expensive for comparable units . the bird is easy to operate but does not have the clarity of the lowrance . si is a cool thing for sure though and even though i dont have one i have been in a bunch of watercraft that do . they can make the difference if you are searching unknown areas for sure .
    that said i think the helix with si is what you want unless you are just stuck on lowrance ...more bang for the buck in my opinion .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been more of a hummingbird fan myself. You could get the Helix 7 with SI and DI, GPS, Chartplotter and you can use the navionics lake chart cards with this unit as well. Also, you can get this unit for $590 taxes included and can be shipped to you within 5 days. Bass Pro sells them for $699 with a $100 rebate if you get a bass pro card. But then you still have to pay taxes on that $599. PM me if you want the sellers information, I bought from them and they are very reputable. I'm not a seller or anything, but don't want to violate any advertising rules on this site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast