I already have 3 other B n' M rods, but I just had to try "The Difference". Selected the 9' model and it arrived today from the Grizzly Jig Company. Have a new Pflueger President 6920 to go underneath it. Now all we need is some open water to float a boat! Everything here is still iced up, although it's very thin now. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll be on the water. Great service from the Grizzly folks by the way. Can't believe how fast it arrived.

We do a lot of side drifting for crappie up here (vs. side pulling), as some of you may have gathered from my posts. Similar tactics however. We've been very successful using wind speeds from 5 mph up to over 20 mph. Sometimes it seems like our jigs are water skiing! But the crappie love this type of presentation, believe it or not. Boy do they smack it! I normally use two SHSS rods, one 7' and one 9' (only 2 rods per person allowed in this state!). Now I'll be able to compare this Roger Gant rod to those. Should be interesting. Will let you how it works out later in the season. Keep a tight line folks!