HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crappie Nibbles,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibbles,

Other than the color is there any real advantages to using them?
    What is it made up of?

Post Thanks / Like

The first time i used them, I caught fish good. I use the white ones more out of superstition than anything. I've just always been that way even though I caught fish my while life before they came out. I think having confidence in what you are using is a big part of catching fish. It's not that I think they help that much, i just am too superstitious to put them down! Ha. They are funky though. I'd like to know what they are made of too.
    Likes Zippy, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The only time they help me is when you keep missing fish. Seems to make them hold on longer.
    Likes callmecamo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use nibblers on every cast. They make a huge difference up here in Pa. The smell attracts the fish . They also leave a trail in the water which draw them in. I only use the Berkley chartreuse brand as the normally will get bites 2 to 1 ratio compared to the other brands I have tried.
    Likes glasseyes, varmithunter, P16209 LIKED above post
    Thanks Anchor Mouse thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Chartreuse - Chroma Glow color.
    Likes Bronson, varmithunter, Skeet16 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

One last thing... If you use them put them I recommend hardening them before you start using them. Either pour them out into the lid and let the sun bake them or put on a sheet of alumina at 225 for 5 minutes. We'll have Fun !
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mijsivad View Post
    One last thing... If you use them put them I recommend hardening them before you start using them. Either pour them out into the lid and let the sun bake them or put on a sheet of alumina at 225 for 5 minutes. We'll have Fun !
    I once emptied a whole jar in a back room and turned the fan on to dry them out. I shut the door as I walked out. About 30 minutes later, my wife returned home and her sensitive nose immediately notice something wasn't quite right. You should have heard her yell when she opened the back bedroom door. I figured they were dried enough by then so I put them back in the bottle.

I almost turned around after a 2 hour drive when I realized I'd forgotten my crappie nibbles. Fortunately, I found a small bottle and it saved my trip. Now, I keep several bottles with me at all time. If you're tight lining, let them stay soft. They give off more smell. If they are knocking it off the hooks, I usually leave several laying out on top of the carpet to let them dry out a little.
    Likes Lonnie84 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them but almost never. I fish all winter in water down to 33 degrees and catch plenty of fish with plain soft plastics straight from the bag. Went out today and caught 43 crappie in 42 degree water in 4 hours with just a plastic grub. Had several people stop and ask if I was having any luck and they looked shocked that I had. They were using live minnows and nibbles and hadnt caught a thing. I guess the point of this is they can work but it kinda sucks feeling like you need them. The guys I talked to actually said "you should try nibbles they work really good" this after telling me they hadnt had a bite, lol.
    Likes tcounty, NIMROD LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I have used them but almost never. I fish all winter in water down to 33 degrees and catch plenty of fish with plain soft plastics straight from the bag. Went out today and caught 43 crappie in 42 degree water in 4 hours with just a plastic grub. Had several people stop and ask if I was having any luck and they looked shocked that I had. They were using live minnows and nibbles and hadnt caught a thing. I guess the point of this is they can work but it kinda sucks feeling like you need them. The guys I talked to actually said "you should try nibbles they work really good" this after telling me they hadnt had a bite, lol.
    Zippy I guess it may be in the way you were taught and etc. When i was taught to crappie fish it was with nibbles. So I don't know if it's a need or routine. Either way it works well for me. Each year I will catch plenty of crappie on nibbles. So use what works for you. Also I'm not sure where you're at but our lakes are still froze over here in Pennsylvania.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfisherman View Post
    Other than the color is there any real advantages to using them?
    What is it made up of?
    anybody know??
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast