Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: sunday night on wylie :(

Post Thanks / Like

Default sunday night on wylie :(

Me, Jerry, Wendy and Brian hit a brush me and jerry put in last winter with high expectations sunday night and it went flat as last weeks beer. we was fishing down toward the dam in a small cove and the bite was slow slow slow. we wound up with about 15 or 20 crappie, all but two small. jerry landed a couple slabs. they started catching catfish on the bottom under the boat with minnows and had more fun fighting the cats on the lite crappie rigs than they had fishing for craps. i dint count the fish, but they had a 60 qt cooler full to the brim. I give the fish to my neighbor who got some really good looking fillets out of them. the catfish kept em busy till about two am when we left. i laid down about eleven and napped till one when a big commotion in the boat roused me. they had a 7 or 8 lb channel hooked and he had wrapped everything up in a huge mess. i set up and watched the show and give em some great advice which they refused to follow. since my ability to bite a monofilament line went with the last several teeth i left on the dentist floor, i keep a pair of friskar scissors handy and had the scissors trying to cut tangled lines, amid a lot of threats from the crew, so i said to heck with it, set back and watched them straighten out the mess.. at two,, when they run out of minnows they finally followed my great advice and took the lines in and we headed in. i think they was miffed at me cause i dint put em where the fish was. then on the way in i got off in little allison creek and was almost to the back side before it dawned on me i wasnt in big allison and had to eat crow infront of the beasts crew for gettin turned around. they was blaming me for no fish and gettin turned around when we all know it happens occasionaly that nothing goes right. we should have hooked up with kunes for sure
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...didn't catch no crappie, lost control of the crew, and couldn't find your way home....that is a less than perfect evening. I'm lookin real hard at thur nite if ya wanna hook up...as long as ya can find a crew with a proper respect for their elders. Thinkin about tryin Big Allison. It's the one with the big steam plume over it if ya need help findin it
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks gary, thats good info about the steam plume. they need to put street signs out there with arrows to point a boat in the right direction. especially for old half blind codgers like me..
    thursday sounds like a winner. as far as i know at the moment, nothings going on to keep me from it. im chomping at the bits to get into these fish you catching and show you how to get them slabs in the boat. sounds like you got the tater chips about figgered out, now its time to move on up the ladder . shouldnt be too hard, just rememmer the magic word---- NET....... be sure to bring a tub full of them snacks you brought last time. im slobberin at the mouth right now thinking about em. dont know yet what im looking more foward to,, showing you how to use the net, or chompin down on one of them smokies..
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

wow, that all sounds like a bad movie :D
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Default glad to see you're back!!

rango sure am glad to see you're back in action had got kind of worried that you had quit fishin'. i can understand how you got lost since you hadn't been on the water in a while. hadn't seen many reports lately. had been waiting on one. can't make a run too many times a month. the price of gas is killing the ole fishing budget!! hope to fish thur. nite am going to try and git a new fishing partner since school will be out for the summer. broken boat has abbandoned me. so it's time to recruit a new crew. thanks for the report and keep dipping the minnows !!