Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Noodle Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Noodle Rods

I picked up one of the 8' Silstar IM7 Noodle Rod(s) Salmon Steelhead Crappie rods for $19 last night on ebay. Is this a good deal? Are the rods any good?

What would be a good reel to add to this rod?

Post Thanks / Like

yes it is a good deal i have used them for the last 4 years they are real sensitive as for as backbone they will handle 10lb fish with no sweat they are as good as any top of the line rod made 8' are good for going deep with added weight 9' &10' good for 1/4 oz or less as for as reels i like a 7-9oz

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a good reel suggestion for this rod?

Post Thanks / Like

fish it till it gives up,but dont be surprised if you look for more & they are all gone, often times silstar/pinnacle closes out rods for basement prices,also did it come with a warranty? I build all 8' or longer rods on steelhead blanks they work great,good luck on your rod & good catchin.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Hey JH ...

Quote Originally Posted by jhaiken
    Anyone have a good reel suggestion for this rod?
    Since you don't seem to be getting any "bites" on this question, I'll give it a shot. Bare in mind, I don't have this rod ... but. I do have 2 Duckworth 8ft FnF rods. One has a UL Shakespeare, and the other has a Mitchell 308X. There's a world of difference in the two reels ... size/weight/line capacity/etc ... but, they both work fine.
    Matching a reel to a rod is kind of a "personal" thing ... feel, balance, utility (what you're going to primarily be using the outfit for). I'm not particularly "brand loyal" ... but, I'm sure Shimano has a model that would match up with this rod.
    When I got my first Duckworth (prototype) to field test, I went to my local tackle store to find a reel for it. It came to a choice of three ... Shimano Spirex 2000 - Shimano Spirex 1000 - Mitchell 308X ... and I chose the Mitchell because it has a wider spool, it balanced comfortably with the rod, had 5bb (smooth retrieve), and cost less (though that really wasn't a major choice factor). It was the one that "felt right", to me. So, you may want to take your rod to your local tackle store and compare several brands/models. If you don't have such a store, I think Wally World will let you try some of their store cased reels. ........ cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of these rods. Also have 3-12 footers that I use for spider-rigging and I love all of them. I use Mitchell 310X gold reels on the 8 footers.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up 3-10' silstar of e-bay and going to set them up for spider rigging with double jig system. Their rated 4-12# line and 1/4 oz lure they have a soft tip and good back bone. If they can handle 10-20# trout I think the crappie should be a piece of cake. I used noodle rods for small mouth up in Wi. and never had a problem. As for reels they will be Shimano.

Post Thanks / Like

Browning makes an Awesome noodle rod in an 11'6" Six Rivers series. One of my Favs
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say you done good!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff