Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My crappie stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Default My crappie stuff

Here are some photos of my crappie stuff, I know its not much but I just started fishing with jigs this year.

He who dies with the most lures wins!

Thats why they call it fishin and not catchin!

Post Thanks / Like

You sure do have a good collection for just starting out. Before long you will start wondering why you have so much stuff. I have some jigs I have never used, but it is hard not to buy this stuff. It is an addiction.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You're off to a fine start crab. If you can't catch them with that collection, you would be hard pressed to catch them at all.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

ive got 4 or 5 jigs i use regularly and about 15 or 20 ive never caught a fish with. i wish i had the confidence to use them more. looks good what are your favorites?

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the stuff this year(winter). Im a bass fisherman and decided to try them out this spring. I always use minows and those crappie crankbaits before now. Have caught a bunch of crappie on minnows and just wanted to try jigs this year. I think Ill like the road runners the best I here they are good.
    Last edited by crab; 01-26-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You could replace all that stuff with about 5 colors of slab buster jigs, and a vertical jigging technique. That is, if you can find shallow dirty water up there in the NorthEast. Just search the Mo. board for slab busters. This bait has caught on down here like crazy. And Slab Buster Jack will tell you some stories when you order, that old coot can talk some fishing.

It's a heck of a bait, I recommend it. And buying it directly will save you some serious jack over what the bait shops are charging per dozen. Sounds like he's working out a deal with bass pro, so it's a good time to get in on the ground floor.

I bought a kit of the road runners and used them one time, then switched to umbrella tubes, 2". They are killer for the big slabs here at Truman lake.
    Last edited by mduncan62; 01-27-2007 at 12:23 AM.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking There's your problem, Mr D .....

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62

I bought a kit of the road runners and used them one time, ....

If I did that .... I'd be a confirmed "minner man", again :D

On the lakes I've fished, over the past 30yrs, Roadrunners and minners are the two baits that have taken the most Crappie, over 2lbs, for me .... depending on lake, type of cover, and presentation method used.
    I "never" go Crappie fishing, without one pole rigged with a Roadrunner (or custom made version). I'd feel plum "nekked", without one of these baits :p
    ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice,Ill have to get me some of those jigs!

Post Thanks / Like

Roadrunners are my go to bait. That is the first rod I pick up as i troll away from the boat ramp in search of crappies. I may not always killem' with it but if they are fish there usualy one will hit it and then you can go back and jig around the structure and catch the less aggressive fish.
    You have a nice selection of lures there and should be set up to put em' in the boat.
    One thing some people don't consider...I didn't for a while was the type rod and reel they use. I now use a good 6'6 rod with a very smooth reel. I outcats most people that fish with me and it is very important when getting to close is the difference between catching and fishing. Good day.
    Last edited by CrappieHound; 01-27-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm new here but had to chime in...

Hello, I am a tournament crappie fisherman from SW Ohio and this is my first post. From my experience, it is good to have options, but a lot of times it's better to find a few jigs you feel confident fishing with and get a few different colors and sizes of those. There are so many different ways to fish with jigs, vertical, casting, under a small cork, slowtrolling, tightlining, and who knows how many others. If you add a hundred different jigs to the mix, it can be pretty overwelming. Personally, I use a lot of YUM. Wooly Curl Tails and Wooly Beaver Tails are my favorites, and even some of the smaller Riverside grubs with YUM on them. That's not to say I don't use anything else. Every crappie fisherman needs some options. Can't leave the dock without some tubes and maribou. Crab, you have a great assortment. Your starter kit looks like what I have in my boat after jig fishing for 10 plus years.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast