Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16' pontoon ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Default 16' pontoon ideas

I have a 16 foot pontoon I want to set up for trolling. Any suggestions, pics, advice......

Post Thanks / Like

You will get more replies if you post this on the main crappie fishing forum or you state forum.
    Welcome to the site

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I moved it to main crappie forum
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the process of rebuilding a 21 foot toon. I am working on the front right now just getting everything the way I want it. then I can pull everything off to re-carpet.
    49" tool boxes @ $119 ea. Right hand holds my TM Batteries, Charger(not purchased yet) and storage. Left hand for anchors tackle and life jackets etc. I love these boxes despite their light gauge aluminum. They are deep enough to hold 5 gallon buckets and wide enough for milk crates. I am building a platform for over the top that can hold an inflatable mattress and store in the rear of the boat for the kids or overnighters. I bought the rod holders at Cabela's several years ago and have had very good luck with them. We are only allowed 3 rod's here in Ks. so I don't need a spider rig setup. I am looking at ways to drop my transducers thru the deck and be able to raise/lower them as needed. I believe I have it worked out and will post pic's when completed. Pics of your rig would also help. Also how you fish, thoughts and ideas that you have, equipment etc. It is a shame, I have come up with some really good ideas for my livewell/bait station but work is taking me away for about 4 mos. starting March 1st so I will be putting the project on hold till the summer.
    I know it is pretty basic but I love having the room wide open. Still thinking about rod transport and considering a simple stand behind the toolboxes. It will cost me a few inches on each side but I think it will be worth it. Good luck and if there is anything I can do to help let me know.Name:  IMG_0982.JPG
Views: 1083
Size:  70.5 KBName:  IMG_0983.JPG
Views: 2127
Size:  80.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I did a advance search at the right hand top side of forum for pontoon ideas and this may help you with some ideas. Just click on the sites to read and see these posts.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/googl...904j7898588j13
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

16' toon here too @crappietoon11...still gettin her set up just like I need it. I'm liking JD's boxes. I'm gonna look for some smaller sized aluminum boxes to put batteries, etc in after seeing this idea. I'll have to get some pics of my livewell set up.
    As for trolling, I'm hopin this is gonna be the cat's pajamas
    I'm probably going to lose the bimini top for regular use so it don't turn into a sailboat but I'll change my mind after i get caught in a Kentucky gully washer night fishin

"Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket ?"

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Build some racks and put some stuff outside aft. The more crap you have in the boat, the harder it is to get around. You can also cut holes in the deck and use shallow drop in boxes. Just takes time. I'd rather walk on it than walk around it.

Here my rig. Might get an idea from it. Might not.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just installed 49.00 drift master rod storage racks on my 20 foot pontoon.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454537218.145737.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  79.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454537240.677553.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  81.7 KB

Also made a slide mount for the front transducer. Works great.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454537553.842015.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  68.5 KB

Mounted fish finder on aluminum pole.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454537748.455733.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  69.4 KB
    Biggest crappie to date is 3 lb 9 oz at grenada in 1988. Still hangs on my wall.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

these pics are aewsome......or awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast