Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fillet Knives

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fillet Knives

Looking to pick one up on ebay. What's the best in knives out there now? Not sure if I want the electric variey or not. I've never had a problem using a regular knife in the past and probably would prefer them over the electric ones anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Have used the all thru the years,,, best bet for the money and convenience is the electric filet knife that plugs into a 12 volt DC adapter.... I very seldom leave the lake until all are clean,,,,, the turtles love me..

Post Thanks / Like

Default knives

i use an electric fillet knife when i am at the house or cabin, but when i am cleaning at camp or on the river.. i have a kershaw adjustable fillet knife.. it is awesome.. keeps an edge very very well, and it adjusts from a 5" fillet knife with the blade all the way in. to a 10 or 12" all the way out.. and it does it in 1/2 increments so it is very nice for small and large fish.. not sure on the lengths but it is a great knife.. i picked mine up on ebay for 25 shipped new in box
    highlife... the krystal of all beers

Post Thanks / Like

I use the rapala Electric knife..Love it

Post Thanks / Like

I use the "American Angler" brand electric filet knife. I have had it for several years now and love it. I would never change because I have never had any trouble at all. I also have the electric one that has an adpter for useing off of a battery. To me its the best.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Rapala electric,works off Acc. plug,battery clips,or 110 plug in.It came with cutting board 2 set of blades,and case.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

guess i'm old fahioned..still love that ol 4" Rapala filet knife. wear one out bout every other yr.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polock
    i use an electric fillet knife when i am at the house or cabin, but when i am cleaning at camp or on the river.. i have a kershaw adjustable fillet knife.. it is awesome.. keeps an edge very very well, and it adjusts from a 5" fillet knife with the blade all the way in. to a 10 or 12" all the way out.. and it does it in 1/2 increments so it is very nice for small and large fish.. not sure on the lengths but it is a great knife.. i picked mine up on ebay for 25 shipped new in box
    Never seen one. Sounds interesting. http://www.thekershawstore.com/Kersh...fe_p/k1240.htm

This is a great website.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 01-26-2007 at 09:54 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

About six yrs ago I bought a folding fillet knife I believe it was made by rapala because i thought it would be nice to keep in my taklebox..... as it turns out that is the best fillet knife that I ever used for crappie....broke that one and went out and bought another just like it.
    Ken

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the majority. Rapala 12/110 volt is the best I have ever owned.

Crappie X.
    IL board Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast