Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 foot rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 16 foot rods?

Hey guys, I have 4 14 footers and 4 12 footers. Im gonna replace my 12 foot ones with 16 footers. What brand do yall recommend in 16ft? My 14footers are southern crappie and 12 footers are bnm bgjp. Heaviest weight I'll be running is 1/2oz. Thanks

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell25 View Post
    Hey guys, I have 4 14 footers and 4 12 footers. Im gonna replace my 12 foot ones with 16 footers. What brand do yall recommend in 16ft? My 14footers are southern crappie and 12 footers are bnm bgjp. Heaviest weight I'll be running is 1/2oz. Thanks
    If you really like the Southern Crappie Rods, I'd consider staying with that brand ... and they are quite a bit less expensive than a BnM PST or Capps/Coleman rod of that length. And if you're using 1/2oz as your heaviest weight ... there shouldn't be any strain on any of those brands.

I push jigs with 14' PST & C/C rods & use 1/2oz egg weights ... and my buddy uses 3/4oz trolling weights to spider rig with, on his 14' & 16' C/C rods.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I use 4, 16' PST and love them. I normally push 1 oz weights. Have used 2 oz with no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you selling your 12 footers? if so, for how much? Tried to PM you but couldn't.

Post Thanks / Like

I think im gonna hold on to my 12 footers for spares. I'm either gonna get the southerns or the bnm just can't decide. I think the bnm has a lighter tip than the southerns.

Post Thanks / Like

bnm

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think im gonna hold on to my 12 footers for spares. I'm either gonna get the southerns or the bnm just can't decide. I think the bnm has a lighter tip than the southerns.
    That may be true ... and the BnM Capps/Coleman rods may have a lighter tip action than the BnM PST's, too. But, with 1/2oz weights, I've noticed very little difference between the actions of mine ... except the C/C rods do "seem" to bounce a little easier/longer than the PST rod, when the boat is rocked by waves. But ... could be my imagination, too.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

southern 'nuff said!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes Rees Guide, yikess LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The bnm bgjp might be alright then. It's hard decision. There both good.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to do everything with one rod I wouldn't go with the longer BGJP's. The PST's are designed for a heavier duty than the BGJP's. I've never owned any southern's so I can't comment on them but they have a strong following and that speaks for itself. If you like the ones you have I would probably stay with what I already knew.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast