Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Conservation ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Conservation ?

Okay where i fish alot of people leave trach under the bridges and things. I want to know especially from you who work in the wildlife field do you know of any grants available for clean up efforts.

I would like to take some innercity kids, and teach them to fish, and get grants for cleaning under our bridges etc.

Just my vision for the future.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think they really have grants, but mostly get help from people just doing it for free. I have see the boy scouts out before cleaning up trash from the banks.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it is if I can carry it in I can carry it out. I can't stand littering it makes me mad.
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think their going to give you money to clean bridges just my 2 cents. I would try fundraiser of some kind. Our government needs to take those jailbirds and let them clean. Littering is main reason we have trouble finding private land to fish or hunt. Good luck sounds like a nice thing you are trying to do.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Just pick it up yourself-you might get plastic bags from the "Adopt A Highway"program

Post Thanks / Like

I would say to contact your local congressman or senator. You never know because there just may be some type of grant available. I think what you are trying to do is admirable. Don't give up. GOD bless you for doing this.

Post Thanks / Like

I work in the wildlife field and your local officer needs to talk to your judge and work out a program where if they get cited for a wildlife or fishing violation the would get community service instead of a fine and would have to clean up in these places. I have done this before with juviniles.