Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E-tec

Post Thanks / Like

Default E-tec

Any one watching the 30 min. show on the outdoor channel about the Evinrude E-TEC? Sounds like a great motor. Anybody have one?
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh I saw that. If I could I would buy one! One of my friends who owns a boat repair shop says they are the best on the market. He is not a engine dealer.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

i saw that show yesterday, they do a good job selling it, but i do not know anything about them.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking to buy a new boat. Talked to a dealer that deals in Mercury and Evinrude and they say that the E-tech is one of the best on the market. A little Higher in price but well woth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default etec

i replaced my 2003 mercury 90 horse outboard, with a 2006 90 horse etec and there was a huge differece in performance... i will never own another motor besides etec now.. great fuel mileage, and super quiet.. i love it looking to replace my little 40 horse johnson with a newer etec soon we have traded boat motors and boats on average about ever 2 to 3 years for the past 20 and the etec is by far the best of the best
    highlife... the krystal of all beers

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i seen that when they first came out . i went to this site. T M D is a mercuray dealer mechanick . he said they wer what they said and he wish tht mercuray had it .

http://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

ifi wer buying a new motor that is what i would buy .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

My father-in-law is looking for pontoon and the dealer gave him a DVD on the new e-tec. That is one motor. Out performs all motors, less pollution, weighs less than any other motor, can run for hours with out oil, has great gas mileage, has more torque, faster top end speed, newest technology computer system, Sounds like superman. I just bout bass tracker pro team 185 last year with merc.60 4 stroke. I have no complaints about my motor but I would trade it hands down for the new bad a_ _ e-tech.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Default etec

slabstalker we had a mercury 60 4stroke jet on our boat before the etec.. the boat wouldn't hardly even plain out... we took it back to the dealer to see if anything was wrong and it was perfectly fine.. he took it back and put on a etec and it flew.. thats when we decided to just redue the whole outfit and go bigger boat and up to the 90 etec... i would suggest trading if you can ever do it
    highlife... the krystal of all beers

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I participate in a couple boat/motor repair forums. So far I have heard of one major problem with one E-tec. Bombadier was very quick to respond and immediately replaced the motor. Most people that have them really like them.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Must be a good engine, because I've never seen one, never seen an ad for one, but just out of the blue I've heard so many people say what a great engine it is. Several saying its the best they have ever seen.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast