Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most durable rod?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Most durable rod?

I originally posted this in the Kansas forum, but received no responses after 90 or so views, so I figured maybe I would get more response from the main forum. I apologize for double posting.

I'm on the prowl for a tougher rod after breaking my BnM Sam Heaton. I mostly vertical jig brush from the banks of creeks. I'm looking for a rod that is durable and maintains some sensitivity in order to detect light bites. Preferably 11 or 12 feet in length with a good amount of back bone. Can anyone suggest something that suits my needs? I've heard that Southern Crappie rods are tough rods, but I've read online that they are a bit hefty to be used for dipping brush all day. Can anyone attest to how sensitive the Southern Crappie rods are, or their effectiveness as a jigging rod?

Any helpful input is appreciated. I'm not a brand loyalist by any means, so I'm open to pretty much any brand that meets my needs and is under $100.

Thanks,

Cole
    Call me Cole.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to use B-n-M for years but kept having to buy replacement front halves for the Buck's jig poles . Changed to Ozark 11' forward seat jig poles about 4 years ago and have not broke one yet . They have plenty of backbone and yet plenty sensitive . They are sold by Meatgetter on here and Grizzly jigs too .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes warnerwalter, Cardsfan55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wally marshall very tough

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshall Lews 1st class
    Likes warnerwalter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Southern Crappie and love em, use them for everything from slo trolling to cranking to single poling (dipping) with no complaints and no issues.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes warnerwalter, "D" LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The b/m custom rod has been a staple for my family for years . That being said I have been using the Sam Heaton rods for 7-8 years and have yet to break one . ( I will order two tips monday since I said that )
    Likes warnerwalter, Crestliner08, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Southern Crappie Rods too.
    Set da hook

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down ProAngler rods are the beast of Crappie rods. Combine it with Bonehead Hi-Vis braid to increase sensitivity, and they can't be beat. I do have and use B&M, Southern Crappie, and Ozark rods as well, and I really like them all, but if I feel or see catfish or Carp in the vicinity, I fish strictly with my Proangler rods. In the video I have up in the forum (Late Summer Crappie Video) The rod I'm using Is a 10' rear seat B&M. My wife is using a Rear seat 10' Ozark and the other rod is a 10' ProAngler. The fish in these two pictures were caught with a Proangler 10'. Of course, all this is just my opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Likes warnerwalter, Minners N Jigs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshall are the best I've used. BnM the worst. The Pinnacle Vertex are probably best value. Next, being Crappie Maxx.

Post Thanks / Like

southern crappie rods are tough,and for the price they cant be beat.they have just the right backbone and good sensativity at the tip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast