Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Member/Lake LaFouche

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Member/Lake LaFouche

Hello North La. Perch Jerkers... I am new on this board and thought I'd introduce myself.

I live on Lake LaFouche out of Columbia...Hebert actually....and have been bass fishing all my life. But, i have recently converted to Perch Jerking and love it. I primarily fish jigs with nibblets, but live baits OK too.

The fishing on LaFouche has been spotty lately, on blue bird days, the action is steady...but let this rain and cold kic in and it just stopps completely. I personnally think they are 'staging' now..as they seem to have moved from about seven feet...too three feet deep. There still on the channels, just hitting shallower.
    " I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more war. " Abbie Hoffman

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Mack, Also being a north La. perch jerker i'm new to the boards also. I too used to be a avid BASS man. Tournament fished for 15 years and just gave it up. I live just north of Delhi and the fishing has been slowwwwww to pretty good at the end of last week. I was catching fish alll week but most were what i call small 1/2 - 1 Lb.. By last thrusday and thru the weekend it started getting better. Caught limits(25 fish creel) all three days with some really nice 1 1/4 to 2Lb.fish. I had been fishing 18 - 20 ft + but changed tactics as the week went on and got away from the crowds of people. Started following the shad in the shallower water (8 - 12 ft) and started catching nice fish that were suspended under them. I don't know what this front is going to do to them by the weekend. I will be there Saturday to see if they are on the move. I heard last night from a freind that caught 20 nice ones yesterday brfore the rain moved in and they were all at 8-10 ft. There is a ditch that runs under the hwy and they have been catching the fool out of them there. All small fish though. I'll let you know first of week how things went this weekend. Good Luck Fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, there are now at least three converted bassers on the LA board. I started trying to split my fishing time years ago, but the crappie finally won out. Hello, Mack..... welcome aboard. If we keep new members coming into N. LA we're going to have as many as our S. LA friends. We're still catching crappie in 20+ water on Black Bayou and Cypress (close to Shreveport) and mostly on shiners and Rosy Reds. We can get a few on jigs, but live bait is catching more in deep water. We're looking forward to your posts, Mack.....best of luck to ya, and let us know how you're doing.