Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sun nite on Wylie--this is more like it

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun nite on Wylie--this is more like it

Tried a new spot in Tega Cay last nite. Got set up in 30' of water off a high bank by 8:30. Action started before I had all the bait in the water and I stayed busy 'til I left at 12:30. Brought home 16 nice crappies 10 to 13", threw back 8 and caught 4 catfish around 2lb each and a small brim and a big brim. The bite was steady. Would love to have stayed longer but ran out of minnows and and lost my baitlite due to a charger malfunction earlier in the day. Hope this is a trend. Lookin at Wed nite for the next trip.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you had a good night kunes.We caught a good mess on sat. night in little allison , in that cove I responded to you about.We sat in only 15 foot of water on a brushpile and wore them out for a couple of hours and then they turned off.We then rode to the nuke bridge and fished in 33 foot of water and caught a few nice slabs there before packing up.There wasnt a single boat at the nuke bridge.All told we kept about 30 between the two of us and were very happy to have them after the miserable time the last two weeks.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I noticed alot less bait under the boat than the last few times out. I think there must've been some kind of baitfish "event" going on that concentrated them near the crappie spots and gave the crappie too many choices of food to compete with our minnows. Anyway, that's my theory. Hope the good luck continues.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com