Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin info

Can anyone tell me some info about fishing at Logan Martin? I am aware of the 9 inch limit and 30 crappie limit.My wife and I have always wanted to fish there but know nothing of the lake, we troll and I have a good map of the lake. We are planning a trip there around the end of the month, I would be greatful for any info. Thanks!

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudmac
    Can anyone tell me some info about fishing at Logan Martin? I am aware of the 9 inch limit and 30 crappie limit.My wife and I have always wanted to fish there but know nothing of the lake, we troll and I have a good map of the lake. We are planning a trip there around the end of the month, I would be greatful for any info. Thanks!
    I fish Logan Martin quite a bit. It is a very good crappie lake. We held a small tournament there on New Years Day and the winning fish weighed 2.53 lbs. A friend caught one last week that weighed 3.20 lbs. I would troll the river channel ledges at this time of year. You may also find some fish around piers on the river channel that are in deep water. If this weather stays warm they may move shallower. Some people say they are catching fish as shallow as 5 ft. Hope this helps. If you want to fish some tournaments in Alabama contact me and I can give you more info on them.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us