Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black lake & Grand Bayou..reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Black lake & Grand Bayou..reports?

I've got Tuesday thru Sunday to fish. Has anyone got a report for Grand Bayou and/or Black Lake? Any input appreciated......

labill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blake Lake & Grand Bayou

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    I've got Tuesday thru Sunday to fish. Has anyone got a report for Grand Bayou and/or Black Lake? Any input appreciated......

labill
    Hi labill. I talk to friends that live on Blake Lake about every day. They are catching Crappie on all the same old places there. Was at Grand Bayou Sunday but didn't get a report.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tommy,
    My sister is coming to S'port today at noon to give me a few days off, and I will spend every minute of it on the water. Will probably fish both lakes and Bistineau as well. I like to throw at different trees once in a while. Right now, I'm headed to Academy to pick up a 12' B&M crappie stick. Good luck!

labill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Stick

Thanks Tommy,
    My sister is coming to S'port today at noon to give me a few days off, and I will spend every minute of it on the water. Will probably fish both lakes and Bistineau as well. I like to throw at different trees once in a while. Right now, I'm headed to Academy to pick up a 12' B&M crappie stick. Good luck!

labill
    Hell Bill,

What do the Crappie Sticks go for over there? Probably abut the same everywhere, but normall Academy has lower prices. Had a fish take a custom rod that my wife had made for me out of the boat yesterday. Haven't told her yet and that one can't be replaced...But need another fishing rod now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Stick...

Tommy....
    When I got back from Academy I went right out to get the lawn mowed and then got the boat ready to go, and just now read your post. In answer to your question, the 12 footer sold at $34.99 plus tax. They also had a 4 1/2 foot dock shooter that I couldn't resist at $19.99 (IM6 graphite). My son called to tell me one of his buddies mopped up on Red River today in a cutoff close to Harrahs. Sounded good, so we will be there at first light tomorrow, and then go to Black Lake Thursday if the river doesn't pay off. Life is sweet....

Best of luck,

Louisiana Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bill,

Thanks for the info. Those rods haven't gone up in years then. If you go to Black Lake try the tops around the Curve & 35 mph signs just below Carols Camp. That is our boat road and I know for a fact that people have been catching them there. Also try the tops out in the open water.According to my friend down there they are wearing them out. Good luck. We did pretty good again today. Not near the size. Guess I will have to go to work tomorrow night for a week or so. Until then.....Great fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy,
    We gave that BnM stick a good wringing out today. Our cutoff didn't pan out, so we ran up 12 Mile Bayou and found clear water, but caught more bass than crappie. The test for BnM was to handle those spotted bass in brushpiles, some two lbs. or better. I can still hear that 6lb. line singing, but had a ball. The crappie we kept were nice, some up to 13 inches. Final count was 8 bass and 7 crappie, I won't complain about that stringer!
    RE: Your lost crappie stick.....brother, if your wife understands your need to fish,AND hand made a pole for you, you have found a jewel, and I'm sure she will understand. (or at least not stay mad at you for too long) (^o^) Wish you the best, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yesterdays catch

Tommy,
    We gave that BnM stick a good wringing out today. Our cutoff didn't pan out, so we ran up 12 Mile Bayou and found clear water, but caught more bass than crappie. The test for BnM was to handle those spotted bass in brushpiles, some two lbs. or better. I can still hear that 6lb. line singing, but had a ball. The crappie we kept were nice, some up to 13 inches. Final count was 8 bass and 7 crappie, I won't complain about that stringer!
    RE: Your lost crappie stick.....brother, if your wife understands your need to fish,AND hand made a pole for you, you have found a jewel, and I'm sure she will understand. (or at least not stay mad at you for too long) (^o^) Wish you the best, good luck.
    Hi Labill,

Sounds like you had a VERY nice day yourself. Those spotteds are a lot of fun on the far end of a rod. We did pretty good again ourselves yesterday. I can't believe this happened, but we kept the same number yesterday that we kept monday. And the stranger thing is, that happened to me last year. A friend and I had 43 crappie 2 days in a row. I wonder if this is some sort of omen?We didn't have but 7 that broke 2 lbs yesterday, and had to really work to get them to take anything.
    On the pole. My wife didn't actually make it for me. Bobbie that runs the Honey Hole over in West Monroe made the custom pole for me. She just got it for me for our anniversary. That fish must be pretty proud of himself on his fine catch!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy,
    Today was pretty much a bust for fishing Lock & Dam #5. The wind got up early and within an hour was blowing so hard the troll motor couldn't make headway. I fought it for a while, but couldn't stay on the structure....but tomorrow's another day.
    I don't know much about omens, but if one can catch 43 slabs on consecutive days one year, and repeat the second year, it's got to be a good omen.
    RE: crappie stick.....I guess revenge is sweet even to a fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Labill,
    Was just laughing at your remark about revenge...LOL Guess your right!
    So how did you do on your week off?
    I posted some pics of yesterdays catch. Even though we got a late start, my best friend and I did pretty well yesterday. I sort of figured we would ride a lot in his new boat, but the serious side of the fisherman ended up coming out. Started fishing at noon, due to priorities from being gone a week, and still managed to put 33 in the boat. We are going to try and harass a few more in the next few days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast