Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Striper fly's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Striper fly's

Did these 2 yesterday. Hoping to catch some land lock stripers here on the Tn river at Pickwick with them.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Take a black perm marker and make eyeballs and your all set !! Good luck and take the camera !!

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

I will try that. Thanks.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

let us know how you do- i am sure it wil be very good !!

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

I will. But it may be a while.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

hey Pete send me some of those green ones in the middle,lol nice looking jig
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

nice looking flies there . i use alot of flies up here in illinois for stripers. ill take a pic or 2 and post the ones i make and use. not as pretty as yours tho

here is a crappy pic i took withmy cell phone of one of the hybrids i catch on flies. its bout average for this area.

i use the smaller 3 inch ones for large white bass and schoolies. the larger ones go bout 5 inches and work great on the 10- 15 pounders

Last edited by john h; 03-29-2007 at 11:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you fish yours?
    I plan on fishing mine deep and off a three way swivel in the boils at Pickwick. Hope to give them a try next week.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

i fish them 2 different ways. sometimes i will use a 3 way swivel throw a 2 ounce weight or so and let it sit right in the water beneath a spillway and just let the water move it . i also run it on a 2-3 foot leader with a swivel and egg or casting weight above the leader and cast it and retrieve it either by letting it hit bottom then jerking it pretty hard the letting it set for a few and doing the same.sometimes a straight reel will work if they are realy hitting. ill throw a lighter weight on and rip it pretty fast throught the fish, or even underneath a float if they are on the surface with the fly 3 foot or so underneath the float.a longer rod 9 foot works best for this. very seldom ill actually use a fly rod but thats when im on the lake and run into a school of wipers,stripers or white bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john h
    i fish them 2 different ways. sometimes i will use a 3 way swivel throw a 2 ounce weight or so and let it sit right in the water beneath a spillway and just let the water move it . i also run it on a 2-3 foot leader with a swivel and egg or casting weight above the leader and cast it and retrieve it either by letting it hit bottom then jerking it pretty hard the letting it set for a few and doing the same.sometimes a straight reel will work if they are realy hitting. ill throw a lighter weight on and rip it pretty fast throught the fish, or even underneath a float if they are on the surface with the fly 3 foot or so underneath the float.a longer rod 9 foot works best for this. very seldom ill actually use a fly rod but thats when im on the lake and run into a school of wipers,stripers or white bass.
    Thanks that gives me a few more Ideals.
    I may even try them on planner boards.
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast