HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chicot Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicot Lake

Any reports from Chicot Lake?

Basinfisher

skillett Guest

Thumbs up

Hi basinfisher. Ifish chicot alot. Its a hard lake to learn, but I have caught a few at times. Yoyos are the big things here now but I still prefer to catch them on my jig pole. The bite is real slow now but good at night.
    Last edited by skillett; 01-10-2005 at 10:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skillett
    Hi basinfisher. Ifish chicot alot. Its a hard lake to learn, but I have caught a few at times. Yoyos are the big things here now but I still prefer to catch them on my jig pole. The bite is real slow now but good at night.
    Thanks for the info. I did not realize you could fish the lake at night

basinfisher

Post Thanks / Like

basinfisher - Beware buddy!
    At certain times of year you can set yo-yo's at night there, but please read your regulations. If it's like in the past, they are very strict there and often times I have seen (I think every time!) the game wardens patrolling. You have to tag the yo-yo's with all kinds of info including the time you set them. We used to have to stay with them too, but I think that has changed and now you can leave them until the morning. I really don't know if you can pole fish there at night. One problem with that is getting out the gate. I usually launch at the East landing, and it closes not long after dark. I guess if you were camping there that wouldn't be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenmc77777
    basinfisher - Beware buddy!
    At certain times of year you can set yo-yo's at night there, but please read your regulations. If it's like in the past, they are very strict there and often times I have seen (I think every time!) the game wardens patrolling. You have to tag the yo-yo's with all kinds of info including the time you set them. We used to have to stay with them too, but I think that has changed and now you can leave them until the morning. I really don't know if you can pole fish there at night. One problem with that is getting out the gate. I usually launch at the East landing, and it closes not long after dark. I guess if you were camping there that wouldn't be a problem.
    Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

NIGHT FISHING IN CHICOT LAKE
    you can get a permit and night fish with a pole or poles,also run yoyo's .
    1. Fishing with the use of yo-yos or trigger devices shall be permitted on Chicot Lake only from Nov. 1 through March 1 of each year.
    2. Not more than 24 yo-yos or trigger devices shall be allowed per boat
    3. Each yo-yo must be tagged with the name of the responsible party, the registration number of the boat and the date and time the yo-yo was set.
    4. All yo-yos must be attended and re-tagged at least every 48 hours.