Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Specker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Specker

Specker....Where on D'arbonne do you live. Pretty familiar with the area. Lived off Hwy. 33 toward Marion most of my life. Live just outside of West Monroe, off Hwy. 15 now. Never really fished on the lake growing up. Just did a little bream fishing off the Spillway every spring during spawning. Started giving the Crappie a chance about 3-4 years ago after seeing B. Phillips from the Honey Hole with box after box of crappie. Bought one of his customized High Tec crappie poles. Bought one of the American Rodsmith's Crappie Getters last year. Both are sweet poles...Now if I can fine tune my Crappie fishing skills I will be ok...
    Rick

specker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luvtofish
    Specker....Where on D'arbonne do you live. Pretty familiar with the area. Lived off Hwy. 33 toward Marion most of my life. Live just outside of West Monroe, off Hwy. 15 now. Never really fished on the lake growing up. Just did a little bream fishing off the Spillway every spring during spawning. Started giving the Crappie a chance about 3-4 years ago after seeing B. Phillips from the Honey Hole with box after box of crappie. Bought one of his customized High Tec crappie poles. Bought one of the American Rodsmith's Crappie Getters last year. Both are sweet poles...Now if I can fine tune my Crappie fishing skills I will be ok...
    luvtofish,

I live on Terral Is. I'm the white 2 story with the white boat house. I have been here about 4 years now. My neighbor has been here 35 years and taught me much about the lake. He knows it like the back of his hand. I fish primarily shinners since my boat is light and that is the technique a friend taught me, he grew up here. I am also still trying to fine tune my tecgnique. I fish three rods at a time, two 10' and one 12'. The 10's are rigged with a slip cork and the 12' I fish straight down from the boat. I hardly ever fish north of the hwy 33 bridge. I mostly stick to the channel on the south end of the lake. I locate fish with my dual beam Humminbird anchor upwind and go. Once you catch one, cast in the same spot, crappie are strange that way, they bunch up. If you see me on the lake say hey, I drive a 14' Alumacraft with a 1964 Evi 9.5hp and I have a piece of PVC for a tiller extension.