Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE is dead

Post Thanks / Like

Default IE is dead

Just like I've been telling everyone when they have problems with the website. IE is the worst browser available. Now it's official, Internet Explorer is dead:

Microsoft Internet Explorer Is Dead as Windows 10 Makes Way for Project Spartan - ABC News

I never thought I'd see the day, but Internet Explorer will be no longer, and that's good news. For you who are still using it, switch to Google Chrome and you'll be much better off. Firefox is another good one.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I switched over to FF a year or so ago. IE was just to cumbersome and unpredictable.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I quit using IE long before I changed over to the iMac I use now. I do still have a PC for a few things I can not do on my iMac, like I can not update my web site with my iMac or I could if I wanted to tear it up and start over again, LOL! Also I have to have a PC to update my Humminbird sonar's as they only have it set up for a PC which I still do not understand.

I put Firefox on my PC so long ago now that I can not remember, but it went for several different PC's that I used Firefox.

I do know that I would never go back!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, they will keep it around for the next 5 years as corporate america runs many of their platforms and packages that will not be forward compatible with the new "project Spartan". My understanding is they are going to try in make that as backwards compatible as they can however they won't be able to account for everyones problems and issues. They will keep it alive long enough for us in the industry to upgrade.

Problem is, government is slower than everyone else. Currently, in our situation, we are REQUIRED to run IE 9. IE 10 and 11 are not authorized yet as they have not been fully vetted in the security relm. That should tell people something.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

IE has all the tie'ins for administration through Windows AD - chrome and firefox do not and therefor are never really used in enterprise or government environments. 90% of the issues people have with IE are directly related to the user and not the application as delivered from MS

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

IE has been "dead" to me for several years !! I went to Google Chrome when IE9 started having major troubles, and just opening a web page took nearly a whole minute ... for EACH page change

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzilla View Post
    IE has all the tie'ins for administration through Windows AD - chrome and firefox do not and therefor are never really used in enterprise or government environments. 90% of the issues people have with IE are directly related to the user and not the application as delivered from MS
    Absolutely correct. All of the engineering systems I work with are through a IE browser.
    Randy Andres

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Verrrry Interesttting. I just spent this morning changing to Google Chrome and I don't like it. However I guess I'll try to get use to it. When searching and I get directed to a PDF attachment, IE11 shuts down and I can't open it. I've been working on the problem for a long time now and just got tired of it. At least now I can view minor things like new fishing regulations.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What's a guy to do??? Windows XP put on machine as Vista didn't work, think pc is a 32 bit processor, now IE is not happy with us. If i went 'somewhere' to get that which would last over 5 years where would that be and what do i need????? or is it time to go fishing and like television do something else???--shu
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shuorc View Post
    What's a guy to do??? Windows XP put on machine as Vista didn't work, think pc is a 32 bit processor, now IE is not happy with us. If i went 'somewhere' to get that which would last over 5 years where would that be and what do i need????? or is it time to go fishing and like television do something else???--shu

If you're working now, don't worry about it. IE and XP are fine. It's just that your next PC won't have IE.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast