Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wally Marshall Pro Crappie spinning reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wally Marshall Pro Crappie spinning reels

Has anyone used these reels sold by Bass Pro Shops? Please give any opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

I have several I like them and haven't had any problems with them.

luremaker

Post Thanks / Like

They are on sale until the 31st for 14.88 a pop. I think I read that in a sale circular they mailed me and it mentioned something about internet/catalog orders ONLY so don't look in the store. Pretty nifty they come prespooled with his yellow line and an empty spare spool for your fave line.

the next generation of slabhunters

Post Thanks / Like

His cheaper reel does not have instant anti-reverse. For me that is an irritation. His more expensive reel has the anti-reverse and I like it better. If you do not mind not having the instant anti-reverese his cheaper outfit is great for shooting docks.
    Ranger R61

Post Thanks / Like

I also have one of his cheaper spinning reels. I used it twice and now it's sitting on a shelf. I guess you get what you pay for. I have nothing but good things to say however, about his Pro Series rods.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had good results with his reels. I've had one bail return spring to break. I sent an e-mail to them to get a replacement, but they never answered.

I picked up two more at the Charlotte store. They charged me $19.95 and then I told them that I received a flier and that they were on sale for about $14.95 they said OK.. $14.95

Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

I Think The Rods Are Great But There Are A Whole Bunch Of His Cheap
    Reels At The Outlet Store Here In Springfield Mo. They Are Labeled As Reconditioned Reels, Seems That Have Several Sent Back. I Have Two Friends That Work At Bp. They Both Advised Staying Away
    From The Wm Reels, Said They Were Pretty Cheaply Made.
    Just My Opinion.

John B.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Brower
    I Think The Rods Are Great But There Are A Whole Bunch Of His Cheap
    Reels At The Outlet Store Here In Springfield Mo. They Are Labeled As Reconditioned Reels, Seems That Have Several Sent Back. I Have Two Friends That Work At Bp. They Both Advised Staying Away
    From The Wm Reels, Said They Were Pretty Cheaply Made.
    Just My Opinion.

John B.
    What's your favorite WM Rod for crappie? Looking to order one before the end of the year. Never used a rod longer than 7 ft. except for flies

Post Thanks / Like

WM reels are about as good of a 25.00 reel you can get. They are on the same line as shakespeare, I do not like the pointer finger trigger on the one I have. matter of a fact, I don't like any trigger on a spinner. matter of another fact, I don't like spinners but for crappie, you can't beat them. The trigger is just more for my line to get tangled on when I'm shooting docks.
    Stand Fast!
    Threegals - "one wife, 2 daughters"

Post Thanks / Like

Default wm reels

Ordered one, got a gift certificate last year at this time and just found it going through some cards I was going to throw away.They are probably made in china, and if they quit qorking, so what? for 15 bucks, they are worth a try.I have 4 diawa reels that are at least 20 years old, all of them have the quick cast feature, and they still work well, they sound like coffee grinders, but they are the originallong spool reels, and they hardly ever tangle, and the drags work great. In between them , have thrown away about a dozen quantum reels,that werehighly advertised. To me they all do the same thing, hold line.By the way all those old reels had one thing in common, they were made in japan, not china or mexico.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast