Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Update on Son

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Update on Son

Well yesterday the Army sent a burn team to Germany from Texas to get with him and bring him back to Texas. They will leave Germany today sometime. I will leave tomorrow morning very early and drive the 6 hours to San Antonio. The Army will buy me air fair, but with all the waiting (and the airport is about 2 away hours it self) and then flying to there and then get transportation to the hotel I figure I will be more comfortable just driving and they pay my expenses anyway.

We keep getting a little more info each time we talk to the doctors and the Army so it's tough I don't mind telling you. When I get back probably Sunday I will get a update on here. We are starting to hear more about the reconstruction of his body and I just would like to take his place if you know what I mean.

thank you all and all of my family appreciate your prayers and support. I know he does as well as we have spoke many times about this in the last few years.

We are all getting more and more relaxed as he gets closer to home and that is not going to be easy, but it's much better than being so far away. I am so thankful he's being kept pretty much out of it and that is best so he doesn't have to feel all the pain as they wash his burn wounds. They tell us that is a 2-3 hour thing and they seem to be doing that a couple of times today.

He has had something like 8 surgery's so far, but I think that includes cleaning his tissue damage on his buttocks. There are other things but I want to just keep that for now.

Thanks again all,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you and your family the best of luck....May God be with you...LC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Skip for the update. He has been in my wife and I thoughts and prayers. I was reluctant to tell her about your son because her brother is over there now. She sometimes lets her mind work overtime.

Glad to hear from you, Rusty

Post Thanks / Like

Just very thankful that your son is coming home alive and will recover. And he won't have to go back, so your trial will be temporary skip. It'll be ok eventually my friend, just support him and give him all the love you have. But the main thing to remember is that he is alive.

My prayers and thoughts are with you, Jim.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear your son is coming back to Texas for Treatment. We are fortunate to have some of the best burn Hospitals in the world here. Hopefully it wont be long until your son is sitting on the lake putting slabs in the boat. Our prayers are with you and your family.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear he is coming back to the states. He is in my prayers and I thank him for his service to this country.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean about wishing you could take his place Skip. But I hope you find comfort in the fact that you have raised a young man that any parent would be proud of.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

may God be with you all!

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Skip. Be careful with your six hour drive to San Antonio. My thoughts and prayers go out to your son and family skip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    We keep getting a little more info each time we talk to the doctors and the Army so it's tough I don't mind telling you. When I get back probably Sunday I will get a update on here. We are starting to hear more about the reconstruction of his body and I just would like to take his place if you know what I mean.

Skip
    Skip,
    Words will never be able to emphasize the concern that a Father has for his kids when they are hurt or in trouble. Keep the faith, there is a plan we don't understand and maybe never will.
    Don
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast