Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for those of you who do not fish dirty/stained water.. colors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for those of you who do not fish dirty/stained water.. colors

What are your most productive colors for this water?
    favorite or preferred jig head colors?

most here talk allot about dirty/stained water fishing. where i live the water is usually pretty clear unless we get a heavy rain but in a few days it will clear up again. sometimes it has a little color but its pretty clean compared to most of the pictures and video i see guys crappie fishing in.

Post Thanks / Like

I used more shad type colors in clear water..bobby garland baby shads in double silver rainbow, blue ice, crystal and such. If it is cloudy i may use something a little brighter..bleeding shad color or similar. I like pink painted heads or unpainted..just my preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Natural colors silver and blue. Our lakes are clear enough to see down 20 feet at times. I like chartruse and Orange like the side of a blue gill as well.

Post Thanks / Like

×2 on the blue ice it's my best clear water color I would also add patriot to that list. Also 4 lb Lowe vis. Green Line is a must in my opinion. I have found 1/32 jig heads or smaller work best for some reason in clear water fish like a slow natural fall. Usually I will have a minnow head in 1/32 and a round head in 1/32 because there is a little bit of a weight differents and the minnow head will flutter on the fall like a dying minnow.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

#1Bobby Garland baby shad /patriot / red head ,#2= crappie logic 's blue/white and pink head .

Post Thanks / Like

My best has been bobby garland monkey milk and southern pro minnow tube in baby bass color.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done well on Monkey Milk, Butter Belly, and the Blue Ice. Electric Chicken has worked well when its cloudy or just breaking daylight.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

I fish about he clearest water in Texas on Canyon Lake. Clear water changes things quite a bit. Of course, these are not the only colors all the time, like low light conditions, which generally steers me more toward darker colors. However, instead of just typing in a bunch of colors, I thought you might like a picture of colors I use a lot. I hope this helps.
    Name:  IMG_2132.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  26.2 KB

Teach 'Em to Fish Guide Service

210-771-0123

Exchange Stress for Relaxation, Fun and Memories!
    Barry

Post Thanks / Like

Thank for all the suggestions!
    Very helpful. I'm finding I have some of the same colors you guys fish also.
    Likes philmacMS LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Treeline View Post
    I used more shad type colors in clear water..bobby garland baby shads in double silver rainbow, blue ice, crystal and such. If it is cloudy i may use something a little brighter..bleeding shad color or similar. I like pink painted heads or unpainted..just my preference.
    My thoughts exactly