Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need help picking spinning reel stradic ci4 vs stradic fj

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help picking spinning reel stradic ci4 vs stradic fj

I was at bass pro yesterday and was debating between a 1000 stradic ci4+fa vs 1000 stradic fj. I am really wanting to try out a stradic they have always been on my wish list but not sure which I want to go with. I think the fj has a really solid feel but the ci4 also feels great. I was also sort of looking at the patriarch but pretty much ruled it out after looking at posts from people comparing the stradic to it. I do like the daiwa reels but I want a 1000 series (I have a new exceler that I like but want a smaller reel). Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see much difference between them other than the price and the weight.

Between price and weight, which is more important to you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    I do like the daiwa reels but I want a 1000 series ...
    You could get a Daiwa SS700. These reels have been around a long time. That should tell you a lot.
    Likes Defiant LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you will be disappointed in either one .I would go with the fj. On less your going to fish salt water.

Post Thanks / Like

i have both. the only difference i notice is the weight. the ci 4 is lighter. for the difference in money i would say the fg is the way to go esp. if ur getting a 1000

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If there's any way you can take the rod you want to put them on & see which one balances best with that rod ... that would tell you which one to buy IMHO. You would survive having a reel that would make the outfit "handle heavy" ... but, too light a reel can make the outfit "tip heavy", and that will wear your wrist/arm out with prolonged use.

If you're buying the reels online ... and since you know the weights of the two reels, you could use some heavy sinkers to approximate their weights and see which balances your rod the best. Just hang the weight at the reel seat and lay the rod across your outstretched finger ... right under the very front end of the handle or fore grip (where the blank goes into the handle). The rod/reel or rod/weights should balance on your finger or slowly tip towards the handle end for the best results. If it tips towards the rod tip slowly, it's your call ... but, if it tips quickly, you need a heavier reel.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked a the Shimano Sedona there around 60$ and pretty smooth and tuff. I have 5 or 6 Sedona I will eventually put them on all my rods.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-24-2015 at 12:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Between those 2 I'd get the FJ great reel's have 4 of them never a problem . On the other hand The new Daiwa Procyon's are really nice and a little cheaper also the Lexa's

Post Thanks / Like

I got 2500/3000/4000 all FI Stradics and Daiwa SS 1300 all I can say is All great Reels..and you can't go wrong