Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: little help please

Post Thanks / Like

Default little help please

normally i prefer single poleing structure during spawning time, but i have found that some crappie will scatter out on large flats in 4-6 fow. i would think pushing jigs with my spider rig would be effective in that situation. i was wondering what would be the better way to rig up the line so the line stays vertical rather than drifting back with the momentum of the boat. i was thinking about tying two jigs to the main line with a loop knot and have a 1/4-1/2 oz dropshot wt beneath them but i worry about taking away from the natural action of the jig. second: u could tie a loop knot on to a swivel with a long and a short tag end and put the jigs on that with a buckshot wt above the swivel. lastly i could just use heavier jigheads. thoughts please.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

In that depth of water I just fish one. I put on a 1/2 oz weight then a bead then a #10 swivel. Then about 8 in dropper to jig.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

thanks cray. i drift fish minnows all the time in deep water. never done much jig pushing. what oz jig do u prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

Would those Ky rigs in grizzly jig be kinda what your talking about? You can get 26 rigs for $10 I think use jig or minnow/hook ??

The rig has wire to keep it from tangling back around line I believe
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murdok View Post
    thanks cray. i drift fish minnows all the time in deep water. never done much jig pushing. what oz jig do u prefer?
    I usually run a 1/8 oz poney head I pour myself. I will run that with just a 3/8 oz weight in shallow water. Start getting over 6 ft consistently I run a 2 hook rig. Swivel with 8 in dropper to a minnow hook or teaser with minnow. Then I run a 20 in dropper from that. I slide a egg sinker on then a bead then tie on a #10/12 swivel. Tie a 8/10 in dropper to that with a Duolock #2 snap. On that I will attach my jig or bare hook. I use snap on both droppers so I can change out colors or hooks rather than having to change entire rig every time you want to make a change. On my weights I use 3/8 or less down to 6/8 ft then 1/2 down to about 12 ft. Anything over that I usually will go to 3/4. Trying to keep your line where it enters the water at 10 degrees or less layback.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TowboatTroller View Post
    Would those Ky rigs in grizzly jig be kinda what your talking about? You can get 26 rigs for $10 I think use jig or minnow/hook ??

The rig has wire to keep it from tangling back around line I believe
    Lots of people use those and been lots of fish caught on them. I just prefer to tie my own. Just don't like the wire. Just a personal preference.

Likes TowboatTroller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

In shallow water like that and especially when fishin where you're from i like a 1/4 oz jighead with either a 1/4 or 3/8 oz sinker about 1ft above it that will keep your rig fairly vertical.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the input guys.