Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fundraiser tourney May 15-16 - Chetek, WI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fundraiser tourney May 15-16 - Chetek, WI

Hey WI guys. I just wanted to pass the word of a fun to fish fundraiser tournament at a Baptist kids camp. This isn't a high pressure tournament, but more like a bunch of friends and some friendly competition. The goal is to raise money for the camp. The more fishermen, the more money raised through entries or sponsor-ships. It is 4 divisions (bass, panfish, northern, walleye) over 2 days. You fish alone or with a partner (bring you own). You arrive at camp on Thursday before 6pm and they feed you and have a good bible study run by guides/ministers. Then you fish Friday, another bible study at night, fish Saturday am and have one more quick meeting Sat around noon and let you go home. It really is a BLAST! They put us up in the kids cabins (think bunk beds) and feed us awesome meals (even a bag lunch for on the water) with great man-size desserts. And the cost is small (I think $100 a person last year).
    The reason this is on crappie.com website is I came here to learn how to catch crappie. It has paid off! I finished top 3 in the crappie division every year since learning techniques here. Also finished top 3 in bass the last 3 years too - which gave my team the overall win for 2 years running! It would be fun to meet some more crappie fishing guys out there this year.
    PM me and I'll send you the info when I get it. (I guess they don't have fliers out yet).

Here are some pictures when I took my daughter one year and a friend one year:
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the invite.
    When and where? Rough time frame and lake location. I'll have to make a sales pitch to my activity coordinator.
    Congrats on the wins.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes broz LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It is May 14th at 6pm to the 16th at noon. It is in Chetek, WI on the Chetek chain- some 5 lakes make up the chain. Acres of fishable water, no one lake to big worry about. You could fish the tourney in a canoe and do well (and people have).
    Likes broz LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Will, unfortunately that is the same weekend as the Illinois Crappie.com spring get together. Maybe next year they will be on different weekends. Hopefully yours will be a little later in the season. It's still cold up there in May.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is cold. Last two years were unseasonably cold. I had to wipe the ice off the seats in the morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Wasilvers, Is there a way I can share your first post, pic.? Just to get the info out , on my face book page , Lake- Links. Or maybe you don't think that be a good ideal
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

CampChetek

You can download the flier now and they have online registration (but you still send them a check)