Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spider rig recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider rig recommendations

Looking to add one to the front of the boat. Multi purpose hunting/fishing boat so it cannot be on and in the way during hunting season. Do most of them just leave the base on and twist off? Don't mind the base on all the time as the blind should go on just fine. Thanks a lot guys

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

SpiderLocks contact E-Z Poleholder on here. Has a base that mounts to deck then everything else can be removed with 2 knobs.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Spiderlocks look killer, I just bought some Hi-Teks and so far I like them.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat85 View Post
    Looking to add one to the front of the boat. Multi purpose hunting/fishing boat so it cannot be on and in the way during hunting season. Do most of them just leave the base on and twist off? Don't mind the base on all the time as the blind should go on just fine. Thanks a lot guys
    Yes, most all of the rod holder systems have a plate that mounts to the floor of the boat, and the T-bar holder screws into them. A simple bolt or several bolts are used to secure the T-bar to the holder. I have Hi-Teks, which has a groove in the floor mount that the T-bar base slides into and then the single bolt in the base of the T-bar can be screwed down to secure it. A simple socket or wrench can be used to mount/remove the T-bar, or knobs can be purchased to replace the bolts & eliminate the need for tools.
    Some systems come with plastic knobs on their bolts, but they can break or strip with heavy adjustment usage over time. I replaced the bolts in the T-bar/holders, with hard rubber knobs, except for the bolt that fastens the T-bar to the floor mount. I still use tools to tighten those, since it's only done twice during a trip ... putting them on & taking them off. I "could" have replaced them with knobs, also, but wasn't sure my hand strength would be enough to tighten them down securely.
    Check the dimensions of the floor mounts of any brand of holders that you check out, as some are thicker than others & may constitute a tripping hazard or get in the way of other equipment (depending on placement).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very happy with my Cumberland Crappie Rod Holders. I take mine off anytime I'm not using them....takes about 10 seconds.

Post Thanks / Like

Does your boat have track going down the sides ? Used to put accessories and stuff? Some call it a t track. If so I can show you a pic of my setup on my boat. Hi tek makes them that go in the track.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saludariverman View Post
    Does your boat have track going down the sides ? Used to put accessories and stuff? Some call it a t track. If so I can show you a pic of my setup on my boat. Hi tek makes them that go in the track.

PLEASE .... Post up some pics of your rig I am thinking of adding the Track to my boat and want to see how you got it laid out

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2011 Lowe roughneck. It does have the trac loc system down the sides. I did buy one today but I'd be interested to see what you do with the trac loc.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  26.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  47.2 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast