Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: muddy water and confidence

Post Thanks / Like

Default muddy water and confidence

If you live in Virgina,you know there is plenty of fresh, high, and muddy water. My confidence level is very low in these situations. I know fish still eat, regardless of the conditions. As far back as I can recall, I have always had a problem with a lack of confidence. The rivers are very high and rolling. The places I have caught them in the past are simply not fishable. Any tips on how to increase my confidence levels or should I just wait for better water conditions. One good thing I am catching up on cleaning ,oiling, changing line and planning trips and where to go when the chance presents itself. .....Thanks .... crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

The only help I can give ya for muddy waters is scents and or vibrations type jigs such as a road runner or something of that sort. Good luck and don't give up on them, they are out there and are hungry.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

FOR ME UNTIL MUDDY WATER PEAKS OUT AND START CLEARING IT CAN BE REAL TOUGH REAL TOUGH IN WINTER,BUT AS IT STARTS CLEARING,STILL NOT CLEAR THEY WILL BITE BETTER,WILL GET DORMNANT WHEN GETTING MUDDY
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Fish still eat and see bait in muddy water. You just need to find the location they are holding. Using a sonar is the best bet. Find the structure and fish it just like if it was clear but get your lures closer to the structure where the crappie are holding tight and can see the jig in their face.
    Like said, try scents, rattles, or just "bump" the structure with your jig to get some sound going. Use darker colors like black. red and some chartreuse. And finally, have confidence in any given situation. Just think of it like a regular day on the water. The fish are there. You just have to find them.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes fishervet, huntinslabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Use Black Jigs/bait or I even like using a Hot Orange marabou tail on a Roadrunner in spring. I use Black and Chart body with that tail and a Flame Red head, but think other things will work too like Black and Blue is always a great color. Like some said especially in spring find what water depth they are hanging out in, the area they wait to run in and lay eggs and come back to after and before they go really shallow again. Usually in my lake it's 7' to 8' of water that hang in. They will be there from when ever they start coming in until at least May. Fish where they are!!!

Try under a cork so you can leave it sit for a bit at each stop.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!