Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hope to go Thurs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hope to go Thurs.

Cheniere Lake was a bust. Crappie not biting. May go back to Poverty Point on Thurs. Maybe this crazy weather will not shut them down. Will try to get update tomorrow at the local tackle shop. Sorry for the late night post, but work nights all the time..Have from reliable source that cotton seed meal cake and dog food will both attract fish. Just place in burlap bag or something similar for cotton seed and weight the bag where is floats about 3-4 feet off bottom. You can use a 5 gallon weighted bucket with lid for the dog food. Be sure and punch plenty of holes in bucket. Best if you let the dog food (dry food) soak for a couple of days before sinking. Give it about a week or so then good fishing. Will update if I get to go Thurs...
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Poverty Point(Thompson Lake)

I live near Pverty Point and fish every chance i get. Went 6 adys in a row last week and will be there this weekend. Last Tues. was fair but Wed. and Thrus. were both slow. Caught fish but no size. Fri thru Sun. were real good. Caught limit all three days with some real nice ones in limit. I only keep 1 Lb. and up. Too many small fish being kept by other anglers. I voted for a 10" limit but that didn't fly too well. Still I'm glad we got it to a 25 fish Creel. There have been reports all week of fish being caught. Talked to a buddy of mine last night and his son caught 20 real nice ones yesterday. I think the fish are on the move. I'm fishing a local crappie tournament this weekend. You can fish either Sat or Sun. I am going to fish it Sunday and look for the fish on Sat. Beter go get some work done. Good LUCK FISHING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovetofish
    I live near Pverty Point and fish every chance i get. Went 6 adys in a row last week and will be there this weekend. Last Tues. was fair but Wed. and Thrus. were both slow. Caught fish but no size. Fri thru Sun. were real good. Caught limit all three days with some real nice ones in limit. I only keep 1 Lb. and up. Too many small fish being kept by other anglers. I voted for a 10" limit but that didn't fly too well. Still I'm glad we got it to a 25 fish Creel. There have been reports all week of fish being caught. Talked to a buddy of mine last night and his son caught 20 real nice ones yesterday. I think the fish are on the move. I'm fishing a local crappie tournament this weekend. You can fish either Sat or Sun. I am going to fish it Sunday and look for the fish on Sat. Beter go get some work done. Good LUCK FISHING
    Sounds like you had a good trip, lovetofish. Good to hear you caught good stringers those three days. I'm planning a trip next week if the weather will co-operate. I'll do some drifting on Cypress Lake with minnows in the deeper water. It's been fairly good lately, but it's been a while since I've caught a limit. Maybe this time....