Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who sells weedless jigheads

Post Thanks / Like

Default who sells weedless jigheads

If any of you make weedless jigheads in roundball with barb in 1/24 and 1/16 please pm me a price for 100. Also if you have bought any for a good price somewhere please let me know where.

Post Thanks / Like

Grousefly makes some very good ones
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Try BoneHead Tackle Member Sponsor
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Side question: Do weed less jigs lose a lot of fish? I have never used them and am tempted to start trying them. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I can fix you up the 1/24 isn't listed yet but I do have them Wire Guard Round Head Staggered Barb Jigs at Simply Crappie I also carry fiberguards in m e bay store

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappi..._pgn=2&_ipg=48
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apersohn17 View Post
    Side question: Do weed less jigs lose a lot of fish? I have never used them and am tempted to start trying them. Thanks.
    Not in my 30+ years experience using them !!

In fact, there is a scenario in which a weedless jig may actually keep you from losing a fish : say you hook the fish just at the "lip", with a regular jig ... you have to keep constant pressure on so that the hook won't come out of the hole in the thin membrane of the fish's jaw. Now, with a weedless jig ... the weedguard can act as a barrier to the hook being shaken loose by the fish, in those instances where slack line occurs.

Weedless jigs do not cause you to lose fish, nor do they cause you to "miss" fish (pulling the jig out of their mouth without hook penetration due to the weedguard), and they certainly don't cause fish to refuse to bite your bait. What they do, in fact, is allow you to put your jig into places a regular jig would likely not return from.

Now, they can & do get "hung up" or "snagged" ... and you may lose one now & then. But, were you to have put a regular jig in that same place .... you'd be 10x more likely to have it hang on the cover you're fishing.

My suggestion for newbies wanting to "try" weedless jigheads .... is to buy a small pack of the fiber brush style jigs in a 1/16oz size and try them out. Set the hook with the same speed/power that you would with a regular jig.

Understand that commercially made weedless jigs in 1/16oz will usually have a #4 hook on it. Custom jig makers can put larger hooks on the same weight jighead. I have my weedless jigheads made with a #2 Aberdeen hook, for both 1/32 & 1/16oz weights, but I've also got & used, successfully, those same jighead weights with a #4 Aberdeen hook. It's all personal preference on head weight, hook size, hook color, hook style, and weedguard style ... but a custom jig maker will have many more options than what you're likely to find in your local Wally World or commercial bait venues.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great reply Pappy! Sounds like there's no point in using non weed less jigs. I will be trying some soon!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apersohn17 View Post
    Thanks for the great reply Pappy! Sounds like there's no point in using non weed less jigs. I will be trying some soon!
    Non-weedless jigs have their place, so I wouldn't give up on them completely. I generally use them for longline trolling & spider rigging ... and use the weedless jigs for my casting/dock shooting purposes.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

C P is absolutely right. Here is a video link for you on member classifed ad forum. These were caught saturday. We messed some fish, but with the water temp as low as it was, the bite being so-so. I thought we did pretty well. I am not trying to push a sale!!! Buy who's and what's, that you feel comfortable with!!!

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/-memb...nkle-lake-day/
    Last edited by Timmy Tom; 01-06-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Non-weedless jigs have their place, so I wouldn't give up on them completely. I generally use them for longline trolling & spider rigging ... and use the weedless jigs for my casting/dock shooting purposes.

... cp
    Is there a reason why you use the non-weedless for trolling?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast