Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ready to Fish...ONE MORE TIME!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ready to Fish...ONE MORE TIME!!

Well, gave my boat mechanic his Christmas present al little early this year. The last few times I went fishing I couldnt crank the motor using the choke so luckily it would crank without it, then immediately pulling up the choke lever keeping it running until it got that one good rev. I was going fishing last Thursday nite and after hooking up in the afternoon I could not get the motor to even sound like she'd fire off so I decided to strip my holders and all the stuff from the boat and go ahead and take 'er in to get it fixed before I really did get back into fishing again (work keeping me from it right now ). I thought I was looking at a dirty carb or something in that nature that was keeping the gas from flowing but wound up being the power pack. :o Man, talking about a downer here at Christmas time. Anyways, she's ready to go now and I cant wait to for ONE MORE WEEK so I can get time to fish again. (Got nine days off beginning next Saturday! :D ) Absolutely too many fish are being caught and I'm stuck working 12 hrs a day right now!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I do know what you are going through. Working 12 hours a day when the bite is on. Is really frustrating, Then when the bite slows you can get to the lake, Been there before... Hang in there our turn will come

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Just got through with harvest and I know what you mean by the hours. Had a power pack go out on my motor last year. had the same symptoms. not a fun bill to pay but is there such a thing? CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing is done for me till spring,unless this warm spell in MI continues after the holidays i might just get out once or twice before it freezes overs.

I got invited to a private pond in the spring where there are monster slabs and nice trophy size bass.I love my neighbors! really looking forward to it,because i'm gonna teach my 2 year old how to hold a fishing pole.

Post Thanks / Like

Do not give up yet Matt S. I just walked down to the lake yesterday and put a dozen in my hand. Let them go as I still have about ten pounds of fillets from summer in the freezer.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D