Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: N. La. fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Smile N. La. fishing

Haven't been fishing since 12/16. Went to Poverty Point, although D'arbonne is only about 20 min. from home. Caught about 15 nice specks before wind shifted out of the North. Stopped all the action. Was using orange/red tube with chartruese nibbles. They were biting shiners better though as I watched one guy limit out in about 2 hrs. The limit there has been dropped to 25. He had some slabs though..Last few trips to D'arbonne were in Nov. with most fish being small although the last trip caught a few nice ones in channel behind the motel.. Anyone know if they are biting on Cheniere. Heard rumors about fish being caught at Puckett Lake area...
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Default luvtofish......

Quote Originally Posted by luvtofish
    Haven't been fishing since 12/16. Went to Poverty Point, although D'arbonne is only about 20 min. from home. Caught about 15 nice specks before wind shifted out of the North. Stopped all the action. Was using orange/red tube with chartruese nibbles. They were biting shiners better though as I watched one guy limit out in about 2 hrs. The limit there has been dropped to 25. He had some slabs though..Last few trips to D'arbonne were in Nov. with most fish being small although the last trip caught a few nice ones in channel behind the motel.. Anyone know if they are biting on Cheniere. Heard rumors about fish being caught at Puckett Lake area...

Welcome to crappie.com and the LA board. Glad to have another member in N. LA. We have a new member that lives on D'arbonne (user name is "specker") and he has been catching off his pier at night, but said they were now in the deep water. I'm not familiar with Cheniere and Puckett Lake, and have heard no reports from either, but if specker sees your post he can probably help you out. Again, welcome to the boards and feel free to contact me via post or PM. Good fishing..........

specker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luvtofish
    As labill stated I live on D'arbonne but I havent heard any reports from other lakes in the area. Have you tried the channel on D'arbonne further down towards the spillway end? It's going pretty good right now.