Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: animal watching

Post Thanks / Like

Default animal watching

is there anyone out there who believes that animal activity can predict success or failure of a fishing trip? I have a strong suspicion, but before i act like a complete idiot, i would like to take a poll.
    Don't worry. No one will come and put you in a straight jack for replying. We'll just call this our little secret.

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

Post Thanks / Like

There are two old sayings that go, "If the cows are laying down, the fish aren't biting" and "When the squirrels are on the ground, the fish are biting." Of course, I would never let these dictate to me when I fish, but there is some truth to it. Animals are more in tune with the variations in the weather, especially barometric pressure, than we are, therefore their behavior can give us clues.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe that animal activity will be around the same time that the fish actively feed. Like night fishing, I believe the deer are roaming around at the same time fish are biting. Anytime I am driving around at night and see deer on the side of the road I think, the fish must be biting.

Am I right, not totally sure, but it is what I believe.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default animal behavior befor a weather change....

Quote Originally Posted by willsjwills
    is there anyone out there who believes that animal activity can predict success or failure of a fishing trip? I have a strong suspicion, but before i act like a complete idiot, i would like to take a poll.
    Don't worry. No one will come and put you in a straight jack for replying. We'll just call this our little secret.

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY
    when i lived up north there was a flurry of animal activity prior to a cold snap.....especialy the preditors....its much easyer to weather a cold snap with a full belly than a empty one.....

Post Thanks / Like

In my experiences both in the woods and on the water I have come to believe it is truly the case. In fact I think I have actually noticed some likeness in my gills in the aquarium and the activity of those in a lake. It seems if my gills are tucked down in their rocks the wild ones are a little slow, but when my fish are swimming all over the tank the fish have been biting. I may be crazy or just wishful thinking but it seems to be true.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard the one about the cows and tend to believe it b/c it seems to be pretty accurate everytime I have noticed.
    Haven't heard the one about the squirrels or the deer but don't see why that wouldn't be true also.

But like Darryl, I don't let this dictate my fishing b/c the only way you can truely know is to go!:D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!