Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishcat 4 Float Tube

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishcat 4 Float Tube

Mike,

Is that your review on the Bass Pro site about this tube? I was thinking about getting one.

Post Thanks / Like

Default This Mike?

lol Illinoisgiller here, but I have 5 Fish Cat# 4s I bought a couple for I and the grandsons and they have been used so much they are faded a bunch.
    I got a couple more for my son and his wife and they just love them. A while back BPS had them on sale for a $100 so I ordered another for when one of the others give up. Body weight is an issue. I am at right on 215 lbs and would consider a Fat Cat if I get into the wifes backing any more than now.:rolleyes: I had a friend in one at 225 and consider that a push.
    Also consider that you need chest waders(preferably breathable) and fins when you figure cost .The common Oucast brand fins have served me well. ' There's my opinion, but not sure I'm the right Mike.lol I did leave a report on BPS. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Post watercraft

This review?

Quote Originally Posted by Illinoisgiller
    Overall Rating: 5 out of 5
    Great float tube!!!, May 28, 2006
    By Illinoisgiller from West Illinois

"I have spent 4 seasons in this great float tube. I like the way I sit higher on the water, and the design allows for easy movement. I have a pair of these great tubes to share with my 11 yr old grandsons also. They share my love of this great product. Thank you"

What is your favorite type of fishing?: Freshwater
    How many times a month do you fish on average?: 5+
    Do you own a boat?: Yes
    Honestly, I would use one if I could but I even have reservations about my ODC 816 catamaran that I love and fish it only during the colder months down here as gators and snakes are more active in the warmer months. So I have been looking into a used square stern canoe to fish out of year round.

My previous quote elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by dixieangler
    I probably will be floating sometime during the winter when I'm not riding in my fishing buddy's motorized canoe. Colder months are about the only times I float. The warmer months of Spring and Summer are not the best times down here with gators and snakes active. They don't like boats and usually don't mess with me and I don't put in where I know there are a lot of them. I always avoid them and give them a wide berth or move as far away as possible. With so many people down here now in Florida, I always worry about that one gator that some moron is illegally feeding and has lost its fear thinking humans=food. That's why I will soon be switching to a rigid canoe so I can fish year round with less anxiety. I love my little catamaran and canoes are less stable but times are changing down here unfortunately for the worse.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Gators? GATORS??? you say?

I wasn't sure where you were from, but GATORS??? I couldn't be beat senseless enough to get in a float tube in gator country. :rolleyes:
    I have been on the open bottom end of Reelfoot Lake in NW TN. in a float tube. But even there wouldn't get even close to the Cottonmouths during the warm active months.
    To answer your first post, yes I did leave that report and still feel the same way. I should have added that my canoe and boat sat idle for two years due to my float tube.:D :D It's like fishing from your favorite easy chair. Just don't plan on pulling any skiers. lol Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, before folks even knew there was a state called Florida, Florida folks used to inner tube down the rivers, canals, and creeks. But they knew better than to feed the gators unlike the folks that are here now. Now nobody can float here anymore without taking their life in their own hands. When you read the Sunfishes by Jack Ellis (originally from California), he still float tubes in Texas with gators, or so he says on page 65.
    Last edited by dixieangler; 12-08-2006 at 10:30 PM.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

The more I hear about this book "The Sunfishes" the more I think I'm going to like it . I heard about it in a conversation I seen here in the panfish forum and bought one. Float tube - Fly Rod - panfish. How could anyone want for more. Now I'm on the edge of my chair waiting on the book. lol Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I love the book. It's not really an instructional-type book, but Ellis' love for panfish comes through on every page -- my kind of guy!