Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow yesterday, frost last night, wait what - really!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snow yesterday, frost last night, wait what - really!

What the heck is going on. Global Warming, where - not here!

We just experienced this:

It’s official – Chicago experienced the coldest four months ever on record

The average temperature for December 2013 to March 2014 period in Chicago was only 22.0°F, 10 degrees below freezing, beating the old record set in the winter of 1903-04.

and now this:
    The earliest snow spotting in Chicago is Sept. 25, which occurred in 1928 and again in 1944, according to the National Weather Service.
    Saturday’s (YESTERDAY) snowflakes mark the third earliest snow sighting since the city began recording.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes STUMP HUNTER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Gas the Auger up.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Dang we have got some cooler weather the last few days, but not cold yet here. However after last winter and how this summer went I have to totally agree, global warming is not real! Just look at the amout of ice way North, it's like tripled the last few years or something like that. Of course down here we don't know much about frozen lakes or oceans, LOL!

i am about to check again to see if our crappie have started moving more shallow as just last week they were still deep.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!
    Likes "D", Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The Weather people/Environmentalists/scientists have changed the definition of Global Warning/Warming....instead of the Overall Warming of the World...any Weather Pattern or Extreme is now cause by it, and it is now called Global Weather Change! Now they can never be wrong, they just blame their wrong predictions on Global Weather Change caused by Man!
    During the time of the dinosaurs, CO2 levels were greater than at any other time so far (acknowledged by the same Environmentalists/scientists/weather people), this was when the earth was at it's most productive in terms of vegetation, food, number of animals, etc. High CO2 levels result in huge vegetation production, since this is one of the main ingredients in photosynthesis.
    Now this is not even a consideration...I guess this truth no longer applies, no mention of jungles reforming, vegetation taking over cities, or anything else....heck, I haven't even noticed my garden doing better than normal.
    I was really looking forward to global warming, I figured that with all the Ice melting, that maybe in Ohio, I would finally have beach front property and enjoy 70 degree Winters....I guess that is no longer the case!

We had the same weather here in SW Ohio, hail and flurries during the day, frost at night! My "Man Card" is in serious trouble if we have another winter like last year...as I get older, I tend to sit by the fire, instead of venturing out in the cold! lol
    Keitech USA Pro Staff
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

SPECK did it
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes ShilohRed LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, seems to follow you wherever you go. Ferdi
    Likes Slab, Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You have a house in FL, JADA
    The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"
    Likes Billbob, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter called from Michigan the other day and they had sleet and snowflakes!! I told her to keep it there!!! Not ready for snow yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Had some light frost here in E TN this am, I bit early based on memory.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, were in for another good (bad) one again I think. im hoping to get out fishing a few more times but I think spending an afternoon replacing the pull cord on the snow blower and getting it prepped for another winter might be time better spent. Need to pick up a new snow shovel and lots more rock salt too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast