Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 1st trip of the season!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st trip of the season!

And I forgot to charge the battery in the camera

Anyhow, I headed out after work to my 2nd choice water for an hour or or 2 of a shakedown cruise, so to speak. On the water about 5:30pm and left them biting a bit after 8. I trolled around a bit but didn't see many on the HB, no hits while I trolled over the to shady spots in the lee of the western hill. In the shallower waters along the weed line I found a few 'gills and quite a number of crappie, all interested in my Crappie Stinger, green with a white tail and blue/black with a chartreuse tail. The bluegill were on the small size and the crappie were 9-11", no bragging size fish. Surface water temperature was 75; same with the air. Just a beautiful night to be out on the water. Landed 1 small LMB, 6-7 'gills, 2 pickerel and around 20 crappie. All were returned for another night's fun

Hopefully, I'll get down to my favorite water this weekend; I've got a tentative plan with my usual fishing partner for Sunday morning. Really looking forward to getting there and seeing whats biting. My firewood is ALMOST all set for next winter and I feel better about sneaking away for a little fishin'.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey.....that was a good catch
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep