Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chippewa flowage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chippewa flowage

Just got back yesterday from 7 day trip to Chippewa flowage. Mosquitos were terrible locals say the worst ever. Lake is at full pool weed growth slow but was improving by end of week. We spent most of our time at Moss Creek bottoms drifting weeds. Couple other guys with us spent 90% of their time fishing timber on edges their numbers better than ours but me and my partner prefer the drift. We all came home with our possesion limit but took most of the trip to do it. Lot of smalls thrown back and largest fish for the week was only 11 1/2 inches. Lots of fish between 8 and 10 inches. Fish have not spawned and resort owner said he talked to biologist and said he thinks that the crappie will not spawn this year with the crazy weather. If that is true not sure what that impact will have on the fishery. We also were able to pull a few away from the edges of floating bogs. Normal hot spots held no fish still a great time on a great body of water. Got a few walleyes, perch, northern, rock bass, large and small mouth bass also. We always caught fish just not always the species we were targeting.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was just up there too, and the skeeters were terrible, for sure. I have a story that will be posted this weekend about it on the home page. Really pretty up there, and the people are great. I had lots of fun.

Name:  IMG_9946.jpg
Views: 1558
Size:  71.3 KB

And Bears too:
    Name:  IMG_9925.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  62.2 KB
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Up here in OSH all week for Airventure. Rented a house on Winnibago. Got an ultra lite and spinners with me. Think ill walk the banks in the evenings just to get my line wet.