Had the two regular HO's onboard and a new fella I met at the rail down at rudee during the spot run and invited him along too....we left out of little creek just after sun-up and headed to the CBBT.
1/2 way to the 3rd i took a right turn and closed up on the pilons just north of the 2nd instead....marked lots of fish so we took the Tom Hughes approach...bounced jigs and bucktails off the bottom and got several small fish. you want big fish, you want lots a fish call Tom hughes !! http://www.capttomhughes.com/ all i can get ya is enough keepers for the freezer....we were lacking the knowledge,technique,proper tackle and finness to slay the really BIG fish i KNOW that are there, because Tom put us on em.....(14 NoV 2006 report) we motored over to the 4th where a couple boats were working the birds (birds are over rated) jack,harvey and dave were all dead set on getting in line with the parker and guys in the maryland boat....thanx for letting us join in the fun guys...we caught and released prolly a dozen or so fish each and threw back around 40 all dinks, back to the pilons we went and jack drove this time so i might catch a fish....i did. a 24 and a 26 for the freezer, daves freezer- gotta make sure the new guy takes home fish !! these were the onlt 2 keepers so far....then harvey and dave got fish themselves....daves was a keeper.....harveys went back. rough bumpy ride in the morning smoothed out during the day....the big storm thursday made lots of dirty water up around the high rise.
theres fridays report....i just got so excited about yesterdays catfish pullage i for got to tell ya i fished friday too....today is a day of rest. i will fish again tomorro....heres dave first striper of the year and my mug w/ 2 keepers of whick i cleaned all three and sent dave home with lots of meat for his freezer.....