Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Kentucky and Georgia crappie fisherman - ROLL TIDE and WAR EAGLE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Kentucky and Georgia crappie fisherman - ROLL TIDE and WAR EAGLE

Don't know what the deal was but I woke up saw the nice weather report and decided to go fishing, but within a hour there were 12 other boats in the cove with me. A couple from Kentucky and the rest from Georgia. Never seen that before, I'm lucky to see one other boat long lining out there with me during the week so this was really weird. I asked a couple if all the crappie in Georgia had died or something. One told me he just like fishing different lakes and the other told me they heard they were biting here. Makes me wonder if we didn't have a major lurker situation here. Anyway after awhile I told them I figured out why they came to alabama to fish "Alabama has been showing them how to play football for so long they thought maybe they could come get some fishing lessons as well"!

Anyway I fished from 6 to 11:30 got a limit and left them all still fishing. Just glad they are not biting as good as they were last week. Don't want these foreigners making a habit of this!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by usafret99 View Post
    Makes me wonder if we didn't have a major lurker situation here.
    There's no need to wonder. Lots of people lurk for whatever info they can get.

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Are they after you? That's what happens when you re catching fish......

Post Thanks / Like

As long as they've bought the appropriate licenses they've got as much right to be there as any resident. We see it all the time here VA/NC and visa versa. Folks will usually just cut up about it w/ each other all in good fun, but every now and then someone will be a Butthead. Still plenty of water and fish for everyone at the end of the day though.
    YB

Post Thanks / Like

yea its the football team haw haw haw

Post Thanks / Like

Don't bother me I had fun teasing them about there great football teams! Just seems weird that after four years of fishing that lake I've only seen a out of stater once in a blue moon and today I see 12 all in same area.

Post Thanks / Like

have you ever loked at it maybe you where in there spot the only spot they know on the whole lake

Post Thanks / Like

Planning on going to Florida next week, think a team from down there is giving football lessons also. Might even find someone to give me some fishing lessons. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabdaddy View Post
    Planning on going to Florida next week, think a team from down there is giving football lessons also. Might even find someone to give me some fishing lessons. LOL
    Now that's funny, actually had one of them Georgia boys brag about taking care of florida lately. Hahaha like that's a tough job. Oh and your team must be pretty weak if you can only brag about some other team besides yours beating someone. Hahahaha four national championships in a row from one state, doubt we will ever see that again, unless alabama does it again of course!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

WAR EAGLE! It will be mid 70's for the next four days. Got to get to the watetr at least one of these days!
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.