HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake wister archives

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake wister archives

Guy's my son and i had only 17 sat.but they were all 1.25-1.80. Went back sun took a friend and came out with only 24 but my big fish was a 2.05. I fished the brush some in the poteau but ended up spider rigging in 16-19 feet catching the big fish suspended. The fishing is not great right now but improving every day. Hope to see some of you guy's on the water. Feel free to contact me as i will start checking in on a daily bases. I will be out every weekend in a 19 ft camo low boat with 115 merc. Hope to see some of you guy's to help catch some of the biggens. Ps. In the last 10 yrs ive caught 7 fish ove 3 lbs but none in the last 2.
    Last edited by deerhunterodie; 01-11-2018 at 10:55 PM.
    Likes Bobo Greybeard, IkenI, Achiro, dstreet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

First off. Welcome to the board. Glad to have you and feel free to jump in anywhere.

I would be happy with a 2.05 crappie right now. LOL Thanks for the invite and the fishing report.

Bobo

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy with just a crappie right now! Great report, keep them coming.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about coming down this weekend and have never fished wister but it suppose to.be nice!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

robert is that u. if so u are a fishing machine. give ma a call. looks like u have had bad weather down ther too.
    dean havens

Post Thanks / Like

Default Camping at Lake Wister

I am planning on spending a week or so at the Victor Campground at Lake Wister State Park In late March/early April. I have a 16 ft center console jon boat with 40 hp motor. How long is the boat ride from the campground to get into the Poteau River or Forche Maline River? Is it a difficult run? Is it a bad lake in the wind? If I am limited to just fishing the main lake is there decent fishing on the North West side of the lake? Thanks for any information.

Post Thanks / Like

What was the weight and length of the crappie your holding in your profile pic Slab Daddy? It looks like a really nice fish!

Post Thanks / Like

In march/april i always fish the lake as it is usualy high and is an awsome fishery that time of year an high. I am on vc march 17-22 nd plan on being there every day.I also like the wards camping area better then victor,i there is any wind or weather victor is rough camping. Victor has bathroom and showers and the boat launch is a double concrete ramp. Quary Island is by the dam ad has cabins to rent and is were i usualy put in when i fish the lake. The poteau is fairly easy access from the lake if you have gps,the forche is a lot tougher but with gps you can get in.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info wister slab daddy that will help a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast