Size:  40.7 KBName:  DSC01078.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  43.0 KBName:  DSC01079.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  46.0 KBName:  DSC01080.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  41.1 KBName:  DSC01081.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  57.1 KB Today I played with my new Lowrance Elite 5X. I found my fish loving the plankton which showed up very nice. As long as I stayed in or on the edge I did well. The catch was 46. Again all between 11-14 and all but 9 released. My sister wants to try some.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and pictures. Wish I was your sister a crappie meal is unbeatable, except for maybe by walleye or yellow perch.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

OK, how many of you, like me are kicking yourself for not taking Bee up on his offer to fish with him. Love your posts Bee, thanks for sharing. Fishing with you is on my "bucket list" something I would love to do but I know I never will......................

Post Thanks / Like

Every one of those shots, you're using the flasher screen. And I've seen you with a Humminbird ice flasher in another post. So, I've just got to know, do you think using the flasher mode is helping you? Also, how does the flasher "mode" on the lowrance stack up to a real flasher? It looks pretty confusing with all the blips and lines. How are you using it?
    My dad always had an old lowrance flasher in the boat, but I've never really tried to mess with them a whole lot after we graduated to graphs. I do have a flasher mode on my front finder, though. Can you give a guy some education?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dowhatta View Post
    Every one of those shots, you're using the flasher screen. And I've seen you with a Humminbird ice flasher in another post. So, I've just got to know, do you think using the flasher mode is helping you? Also, how does the flasher "mode" on the lowrance stack up to a real flasher? It looks pretty confusing with all the blips and lines. How are you using it?
    My dad always had an old lowrance flasher in the boat, but I've never really tried to mess with them a whole lot after we graduated to graphs. I do have a flasher mode on my front finder, though. Can you give a guy some education?
    The flasher in the fall and winter is my other arm. It absolutely does wonders. Those jumble of lines you see today is the plankton. When the crappie come to you jig its now doubt you have one looking. Never leave home without it. In the winter I have gone and forgot to load it up. I don't even go fishing I go back home. On calm days with a short rod its like a video game. Drop jig look for the fish set jig. Game over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappieday View Post
    OK, how many of you, like me are kicking yourself for not taking Bee up on his offer to fish with him. Love your posts Bee, thanks for sharing. Fishing with you is on my "bucket list" something I would love to do but I know I never will......................
    I actually had a date set to go with him but then work got in the way and I had to back out. Gotta take care of long term good customers these days. Darn work anyway.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.