Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Reel

Sent an order to Amazon.com for a new UL spinning reel. This was an unknown brand I had never tried before. Woe is me! LOL! Anyway, have any of you ever had a reel manufactured by H.T. Enterprises? It's an UL "Accucast" model. The fit & finish were great. 6 bbs too. However, the reel is designed such that the position of the reel foot points the spool of the reel at the rod instead of the first guide, as most reels do. Name:  New HT Reel.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  77.8 KB

I thought....well, maybe this is just something new. I tried it out. It cast very well with 4# test Fireline and a 5' fluoro leaders. Great.....however.....upon the retrieve, the reel's position caused a strong vibration throughout the entire length of the rod. This would negate any feel for a light tap or strike while retrieving. Not good! True, it gave the bait action....but that's not what I want from a reel. I'll supply the action....I just wanted a reel to cast and reel in smoothly, whitch this particular reel fails at miserably.

I was just curious if any of you have ever had any experienced with this particular reel? BTW, I sent the reel back and was given a full refund.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like a ice fishing reel the way it sits on the rod... Even tho I have no experience with ice fishing reels it appears to look like one to me... Hopefully someone else will chime in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    It looks like a ice fishing reel the way it sits on the rod...
    You beat me to the punch. That's exactly what I was thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

There was no indication, on the reel's description, to indicate it was "designed" for an ice fishing rod. However, now that you guys mention it, that's probably what it was! In any case, it doesn't work well with regular spinning rods. I guess this is just another case against making online purchases....buyer beware!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Anyway, have any of you ever had a reel manufactured by H.T. Enterprises?

I just Googled them and they specialize in "winter sports and ice fishing products". The Accucast model is shown on the website:

Official Web Site