Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing reports, or lack of!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing reports, or lack of!

Just wondering if anyone has any reports from the last week to share. The water temp here in SE Indiana has cooled 5 degrees in the 2 bodies of water I have been on. I was wondering what your experience has been lately. Also, how has it affected the crappie and your ability to put them in the boat. I have had some mixed results, caught some against a bridge footing in a stream, and a few where I have been catching a few all summer in a reservoir, both being in 8-12 FOW with the fish at 2-3 feet at the bridge and 4-6 feet in the reservoir.. Thanks for any and all responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Here on Sardis the water temps have dropped about the same as of last weekend. they were around 81 to 82 degrees and had been 86 and up.
    I've been fishing 10 to 21 fow and catching anywhere from 6 to 16 foot down all summer. Most have been fishing much deeper water and fishing deeper as well. The majority of my fish have been caught in the 12 to 15fow fishing 9 to 12 foot down. The fish are scattered throughout the water column. This weekend was pretty slow due to the cold front that came through so not many people posting I suppose (at least here in MS)

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, water temp dropped 5 * since Friday, It helped our fishing, we killed them Monday, seem like they were on the brush better then usual.

Post Thanks / Like

David.. think the deeper fish were less affected? Guy with kept catching them 120 ft back. He caught as many as me and another friend combined. We were pulling 50-90 ft back where we caught them Thursday.
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out on Sept 11 and the water temp was 70 degrees. The crappies were active chasing minnows in 6-10 FOW.
    I caught some nice slabs from 11 to 13 inches long; using twister and paddle tails.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Here I been catching limits everyday for weeks. Fishing has been hot !
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs