Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dan the man!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dan the man!

Being doing some research on you, impressive resume! You seem to have all your ducks in a row.

One question I would like to ask is related to marketing. We are putting together a "Crappie Club" aka Tournament series here in Louisiana. I have very little experience in this field but I am a realy good organizer and a people person. So far we are growing by leaps and bounds and I have had very good response from Sponsor and Supporters of our like. Membership is growing and it has a very positive outlook.

This has the possibility of growing into a larger scale operation, what are some tips and advice that you can offer someone in my position. Starting off on a small scale, but opportunities are presenting themselves for growth and I want to be prepared for future expectations!
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Great question TreeFrog and my hat is off to you for doing this! It is exactly what we need to grow this sport!

A couple of recommendations:
    1. Don't try to grow too fast. Set your goals for you and the club members, rules and get buy-in with everyone! They are your clients.
    2. Always remember to not let the money drive the goals. A good club builds friendships, team work, competition, learning, etc. The monatey, etc. will come when these things are proven.
    3. Follow the rules that you make, people will follow good leadership
    4. Keep good stats, use them wisely and present them to the potential sponsor
    5. The power of three is always true. Three years of good stats, and then the time is to move out to gain the sponsors you need.
    6. The power of the press is holy ground. Use it.

Hope this helps buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dan,

Great Feedback!, Several of those suggestions are already in place for our guidelines, that is re-assuring that we have started off on the right foot!
    "Fun and Fellowship among Fishermen" that is our Motto!
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. If you ever need anything just reach out to me on my FB page or CrappieNow page.