Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod holder idea

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod holder idea

I think I have a pretty good idead for a rod holder setup. I've never really liked clamping the rod-holders to the side of my boat and I didn't want to make one of those frames that mount to the bottom of the boat

So, I took 2 Walmart rodholders with the screw-on clamps and took the rodholder part off and screwed the brackets onto a 5-gallon bucket. On top of the brackets I mounted a 3 foot piece of 1/2 inch aluminum tubing. Drilled four holes into the tubing and mounted 4 rodholders.

Just take the bucket with you and fill it up with water for weight. When finished fishing just empty the water.

Works great in my flatbottom and will probably work great for a couple of good bank spots I fish. It would also work well in a bassboat (where you can't really mount the clamp type rodholders)

I'm thinking patent, make a million and retire.:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

what if you snag a stump or a big old cat, They will have that thing jerked over both poles in the lake and a boat full of water.

Grizzly jig had a pole holder that you bolt to the boat and you can unscrew the shaft that goes to the pole holeder.
    all that is left is a around base about 4 inches and less than 1/2 inch thick. takes 10 seconds to install and uninstall
    and it will hold your poles when you get a big bite.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

I use these on my boat. I didn't even screw the base in, I used the RAM Adhesive Mount - I promise it isn't coming off without a lot of work.

http://65.102.174.116/rammount/produ...number=RAM-119

They are powder coated marine grade aluminum - last forever. I like that I can put them at any angle or direction. The upper part detaches and all that remains on the boat is the "knuckle".