Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Friday Walnut Creek, Saturday Shadow Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday Walnut Creek, Saturday Shadow Lake

It was the first time of the year where I broke out the waders.

Here was the catch from Walnut Creek which took me 2 hours to catch my limit of 15. Used a small hook and split shot with the gusty winds.

There was one lone redear, probably 7 or 8 inches but didn't care for the worm. All of the gills that were caught were between 7 - 9 inches.

I stopped by Shadow Lake this afternoon, wading there was difficult as I am not used to the area. One spot on the west side of the lake proved dangerous as I stepped into some mud and felt my self slip 2 or 3 feet in, it took a lot of wiggling and pulling to get my leg out of the mud and the boot from being wedge between some rocks. After that ordeal, i packed up and moved to the east side of the lake where there is a lot of that moss around, but I found an area that was protected from the wind by the moss and an open area for me to cast into. That is where I landed 12 good size bluegills ranging from 8 - 10 inches, added that to the 3 I caught from the other side got me my limit. Though it took longer as every 3rd or 4th gill I had to re-rig the rod because they swallowed the hook to the point where needlenose pliers didn't work.

Females at Shadow Lake still had some eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

That's wild...I went to Walnut Saturday and was also considering Shadow Rdg. but changed mind. Fished with 2 buddies from boat. Between the 3 of us...we caught about 20 fish..mostly crappie. They were mainly suspended 7 to 10 ft in 15 fow. Fun day. Looks like you got a nice mess of gills!
    Year round fishing is the way to go