Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wanahoo?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanahoo?

Have never been to this lake. Was looking to strike out to it in the next week or so. Has anyone been there recently and had any luck. Local lakes around Blair have shut down for now.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been out to wanahoo at all. But i have been hearing lots of luck with the crappie, bass and pike. Others have had trouble catching blue catfish out there. Probably won't be able to make a trip out there until fall.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been to the hoo in 3-4 weeks. However, the cappie bite was on a couple hrs. during early a.m. from the west banks. I was able to catch a hanfull of fish 11-13.5" . I would imagine many have moved out deeper during the warmer weather.
    Year round fishing is the way to go

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Hey Trigger, any intel you can give me on the lake itself. Boat ramp and so forth. That timber in the middle, is it a snag zone or fish able. Topos look good on that lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bsmacks76 View Post
    Thanks guys. Hey Trigger, any intel you can give me on the lake itself. Boat ramp and so forth. That timber in the middle, is it a snag zone or fish able. Topos look good on that lake.
    Its a great lake with lots of cover and structure. It will be more fun exploring and learning this lake from a boat especially this time of year. The trees in the middle are fishable. There are lots of bass in the lake. My favorite colors for thcrappie out there are pink/chartreuse & yellow. As you know, no live baitfish are allowed. However, you can use worms. If you would like add'l information feel free to pm me. Best of luck!
    Year round fishing is the way to go

Post Thanks / Like

Weather finally let me on the lake Sunday morning. 9 hours on the water and I think I only saw 10% of the lake. I caught fish in every spot I stopped at. Granted, not all where slabs. In fact, the biggest was 10.5". But action all day long. My girlfriend and her daughter came out in the afternoon. Had them on fish as soon as we tied up. Had a boat trolling jigs around the west side of the trees with success. Saw one 13" pulled out. Looking forward to going back. All in all, it's a pretty neat lake. Will take many trips to see all the lake, that's fine with me.