Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A different surgery expense!

Post Thanks / Like

Default A different surgery expense!

Sitting around recovering from knee surgery has cost money I did not expect. 2 new BnM PST 10 foot rods, 2 new Okuma reels, 30 new crankbaits and a bait box. What am I gonna do for the next 7 weeks?!!!!!:what:
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Clean reels, replace treble hooks on older lures . Read depth finder manuals /computer simulator , till you fully understand them ( this alone could take 6 months ), clean out tackle boxes and reorganize. Pending on amount of sympathy , you might get a couple of new ones . If all else fails ship them to me and I'll report on how well they are working . ps.I can send you my reels and you can clean them . also if you can tie flies I need 10 doz. black gnats . Glad to help . get well soon .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eagle! Now this is what I like most about C.C! A fella all the way down in Mississippi has made several unselfish offers on how he can help me pass my time while recovering. I would venture a guess that several others, including that Yank Gewber Wilbur, might have similar suggestions. As for me personally, I am still getting paid, my loan disability insurance is paying my next 2 months truck payments (almost $1000), wife still working, I think I'll stick to buying new stuff instead of labor intensive things! Except for tying Gnat rigs of course. That job is never done! Again, I appreciate the generosity Eagle. You are very kind for offering!!! :D Looks like a call to Cumberland Crappie is in my very near future!:beer:

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eagle! Now this is what I like most about C.C! A fella all thew way down in Mississippi has made several unselfish offers on how he can help me pass my time while recovering. I would venture a guess that several others, including that Yank Gewber Wilbur, might have similar suggestions. As for me personally, I am still getting paid, my loan disability insurance is paying my next 2 months truck payments (almost $1000), wife still working, I think I'll stick to buying new stuff instead of labor intensive things! Except for tying Gnat rigs of course. That job is never done! Again, I appreciate the generosity Eagle. You are very kind for offering!!! :D Looks like a call to Cumberland Crappie is in my very near future!:beer:

Post Thanks / Like

You going to be down all Summer? I got a couple of g kids that are in karate, summer day camp, vacation bible school, ETC.
    Sure could use some cheaufer help while Mrs DP continues to hold down a full time job.

DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of knee surgery keeps you down for 7 weeks? I had full knee replacement and was walking with a walker in 24 hours. Some knee surgeries are worse than knee replacement though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JTMavs View Post
    Sitting around recovering from knee surgery has cost money I did not expect. 2 new BnM PST 10 foot rods, 2 new Okuma reels, 30 new crankbaits and a bait box. What am I gonna do for the next 7 weeks?!!!!!:what:
    I'll be sitting around for about 2 months, open heart surgery next week, and if I did that I'll be wasting money on the surgery because my wife would kill me any way
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I understand totally. 5 weeks since shoulder surgery and Ebay has killed me. Finally got back on the water yesterday, and that ain't cheap either. Just goes to show that fishing costs money even when you're not doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yadkin Guide View Post
    What kind of knee surgery keeps you down for 7 weeks? I had full knee replacement and was walking with a walker in 24 hours. Some knee surgeries are worse than knee replacement though.
    It was supposed to be an ACL repair and some meniscus clean up. When they get in there, they find a chunk of cartilage floating around. No small chunk either. Was looking forward to getting back to work in 4 weeks and now I can't have any weight bearing for 7 weeks. Here are the pics of what they found.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand now. I had the exact same thing twice on the same knee. I ended up having the knee replaced. A total of 3 surgeries on the same knee in about 18 months. Good luck and I feel your pain!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast