Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose the right jigging rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me choose the right jigging rod

I need a jigging rod to verticle fish deep brush piles in open water. I normally fish in 15 to 25 ft of water. I'm interested in sensitivity and a rod that will not wear me out single pole fishing all day. I think I would like a rear seat model in 10 ft.

I am considering the B n M Sam Heaton Super Sensitive Rear Seat. Any comments? I would also like to know more about the Ozark models (which one?). Also, since Grizzly Jigs is a very popular supplier here, I don' see much about their rods. Any comments.

Any other rods that you would recommend? I appreciate your help.

Mike (in TN)

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't beat Ozarks for sensitivity. We have a thread running now on Arkansas forum.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/arkan...ging-pole.html
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Super Sam rear reel gets my vote.
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -

Post Thanks / Like

Also @ grizzly try the richard Williams 10 ft. Had mine for several years. satisfied.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the pro angler 10', however I don't have the rear seat for the reel.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the rear seat for jigging. I have a 10' Ozark rear seat and BnM bbul with rear seat. The BnM bbul is so light but the 10' model is like a noodle but I still get good hook sets and I can hold one in each hand all day. The Ozark is best all around. It's light, has good backbone, very sensitive, and I love the one piece tip for punching jigs. I think the BnM Sam Heaton rear seat would be a good rod and I would like to check out the Wally Marshall solo rod also.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 8' B&M Bucks Jig Pole and I really like it. I don't have a big set of guns and I have some arthritis in my hands. The 8' pole is perfect for me to fish conditions a lot like what you mentioned. The rod is light and very sensitive. I had been fishing a 10' pole, but it started working on my hand and arm pretty good by the middle of the day. I wanted to try a shorter rod, but didn't want to drop a bunch of bucks on an experiment. I paid $29 for this rod and Gander Mountain. When this one bites the dust I may step up to the Sam Heaton 9 footer. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

X2 on the Ozark rear seat for jigging open water brush. Sensitive but stout, and light enough to hold all day. I like a 10' Berkley Cherrywood for jigging trees and tight cover.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Heaton super sensitive , b-n-m, rear seat with touch system . 1or 12 ft. .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody for your help. I've decided to go with an Ozark 10 ft. I spoke to Don Blakley about the Ozarks. He was able to fix me up. If anyone else is looking, I would recommend you talk to Don before you decide. His phone number is 501-912-2986. Tell him I sent 'ya.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast